• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HID projector conversion

I know that may looks ugly but I promise to improve it:grrr:

Here is my H4 to HID projector conversion:

20110225151128.jpg

20110225151107.jpg

20110225151058.jpg

great,great improvment at night driving now

Last edited:
Looks kinda stupid. One tiny little round projector in the dead center of a big rectangle housing. Idk sorry for hatin.. Respect for doin it though, looks like you did it pretty legit. Just doesnt look right..

I can't get used to that either. Perhaps you could frost the inside of the lens (using light media blast or a spray coating) and leave a small round clear place in front of the projector.

Attachments

• 240projector3.jpg
    240projector3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 240
i think if you did this with the quad squares it would look the best in my opinion. i cant really say i like it, but cant say i hate it either.

gotta say tho, i do like it more and more every time i look at it. has some personality that you dont see in 240s every day

Actually,I had to switch to this setup.because I couldn't find headlights.
I find the 83+ headlights and quad's auwfull and I didn't want to install them.
Quad round looks better but I had this setup for 4 years and I get bored of it.

Before I paint them black,I had painted them silver but was not so good with the transparent glass...

But at last I freaking strong light :)

Thanks for criticism

Not bad an idea, if it works then it works, it does look odd though and the quads would look better for me as well, maybe run an extra high beam projector and a fog light too?

I think it would look cool if the projector element was also painted black (it looks like there is a white ring around the round lense), so it stands out less, and the superficial lens in front of the unit wasn't flat but followed the original volvo lens's angled curve. Maybe even a very slight tinting to further hide the HID unit.

I like it though, I'd use it if I had your fab skills. I'm pretty handy with a Zip tie though

better than being in your mechanics UN-locked garage ;-)

:lol: that's right
I just can't go and work on it

0x808080@ yes,this ring is the angel eye-I really not intented to use it,but I was afraid that paint couldn't attached propetly on the surface...

But I will open them,to re-glue the glass by using black silicone and meantime will attemp to pain this rings also;-)

Back