• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BNE update: Quick Steer Roll Correction Prototype

Oh yeah now I remember. The brake mount ears are offset inwards, which will make using a Brembo caliper easier, which is why I chose them initially.

That's so last year.:roll:

I was more suggesting a turnkey spindle complete with the fast steering arm and lowered ball joint mount incorporated in the design. I've seen stock spindles adapted to use other coilovers but that's not quite the same as what I had in mind when I made the comment. :)

Also I was kinda joking, what I was asking for is a bit of a tall order - taller than I would be willing to pay for probably.:lol:

At that point it's basically a custom forged dropped spindle with a short steering arm and standard coilover ears.

Any suggestions for steering stops? As of now, the wheel is rubbing sligthly on the inside of the arch on full lock without the adapters. I would like to utilise the quick steering abilities of the adapters, but this will also lead to more steering angle and more rubbing. Adding a stop would let me use the quick steer.

Mustang steering stops that go under the boots?!?

I'll put this here to show how much freaking steering angle you can get with these

5525640518_a2f7f03ee8_b.jpg

Seriously....it's ridiculous!!

the one closest in/fastest setting. Also using spacers and negative offset wheels. I think it comes out to 2.25" of backspacing o 17x8 wheels. Still rubbing so there is more steering angle to be had.

I drove mine with the tie rods on the quickest hole and it was too quick for normal driving. I think it would only be good for drifting. It was so easy to turn in too far/too fast and lose grip from the front. If the front maintained grip, the car might oversteer easily. It was fun, though.

The middle setting is just right. With 8" ET4 front wheels and 245/45/16, it's a little twitchy with around zero toe and a lot of negative camber. But it's plenty quick, not too heavy with power, and stable enough at high speed.

I rub. Haven't worked out steering stops yet. Someone posted pictures of a piece bolted to the trailing arm so the steering arm would hit against it.

I drove mine with the tie rods on the quickest hole and it was too quick for normal driving. I think it would only be good for drifting. It was so easy to turn in too far/too fast and lose grip from the front. If the front maintained grip, the car might oversteer easily. It was fun, though.

The middle setting is just right. With 8" ET4 front wheels and 245/45/16, it's a little twitchy with around zero toe and a lot of negative camber. But it's plenty quick, not too heavy with power, and stable enough at high speed.

I've got to ask.....exactly how quick was it, on the quickest hole and the middle one? Can you quantify....or compare it to something else. I know my wife's Mini has a very quick steering, a little heavy. But if you sneeze on the highway, you've changed lanes. And her car is hilarious to AutoX.

I can imagine though, that whole dymanic changing when you take that kind of steering and make the car RWD, compared to the FWD Mini. Whereas, like you said, you turn the fronts too quickly and there isn't any weight transfer, and you just understeer off.....or just the opposite happens.

Just curious. Either way, I'll be interested once these are available for 7/9s.

Adjustable steering stops would be the most flexible, so welding a nut on the track controll arm and use a screw which the hub assembely hits to stop the steering angle, might be a good solution.

A little different on another car:
steer-stops00.jpg

196237_760580977658_19701519_40843338_5006915_n.jpg

Notes from my experience:
-Paint your stuff if you don't want it to rust.
-Modify your spacers as little as possible to prevent ackerman from going out of wack.
-The roll correction is immediately noticeable, makes the car much more stable and keeps the rear end much more planted. I love it.
-The quicker steering is great(running the middle setting), even for daily driving. You almost don't notice it until you wrench on the wheel or are parking.
-When the ackerman is messed up, as mine is, it sucks. Parking is like putting the brakes on because the wheels are pointing slightly different directions and you can't push the car easily(if at all) when the wheels are turned because of it. Utilizing the stock steering setting will reduce this. Not having to modify your spacers will also probably reduce this.

I love them, but will be going back to stock quickness to reduce the amount the ackerman is off. I want to paint them as well, because the plating didn't do much.

If you want to play with the ackermann settings ( the **** that everyone thought was ridiculous to want to adjust you can slot the 4 holes in a radial pattern. You would also have to clearance the flange on the wheel side.

If you want to play with the ackermann settings ( the **** that everyone thought was ridiculous to want to adjust you can slot the 4 holes in a radial pattern. You would also have to clearance the flange on the wheel side.
Yeah... We thought were living in a perfect world I guess. Now, the "problem" becomes, how do we measure it reasonably?

196237_760580977658_19701519_40843338_5006915_n.jpg

Notes from my experience:
-Paint your stuff if you don't want it to rust.
-Modify your spacers as little as possible to prevent ackerman from going out of wack.
-The roll correction is immediately noticeable, makes the car much more stable and keeps the rear end much more planted. I love it.
-The quicker steering is great(running the middle setting), even for daily driving. You almost don't notice it until you wrench on the wheel or are parking.
-When the ackerman is messed up, as mine is, it sucks. Parking is like putting the brakes on because the wheels are pointing slightly different directions and you can't push the car easily(if at all) when the wheels are turned because of it. Utilizing the stock steering setting will reduce this. Not having to modify your spacers will also probably reduce this.
I love them, but will be going back to stock quickness to reduce the amount the ackerman is off. I want to paint them as well, because the plating didn't do much.

I noticed mine is off a bit too. I might reduce it to the middle hole for alignment today.

Honeslty that's the ONLY thing I don't like about them and with some future engineering Ben could straighten this out.

Back