• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

93 volvo 240 red light?

90volvo

Just bought a 93 volvo 240 for my son, it says classic on back on trunk and says limited edition on the inside by the dash. On the right side of the instrument panel on the small square panel there is real small red light. Does anybody know what this light is for or what it does? Also, the car came with lock remote. I can hear a relay or something ticking when I hit it but the doors dont do anything? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

You bought the one off on 71 here in KC?

Yes, it was rough and he wanted way to much for it. Got it for 800, not sure if it was worth that. Ive already fixed oil leaks, brakes, cleaned interior, fixed door handles, and serviced the engine and trans. You should see the airfilter is was the worse Ive ever seen.

Yes, it was rough and he wanted way to much for it. Got it for 800, not sure if it was worth that. Ive already fixed oil leaks, brakes, cleaned interior, fixed door handles, and serviced the engine and trans. You should see the airfilter is was the worse Ive ever seen.

For $800.00 you were expecting? :rofl:

hey it has new michelin tires and wheels worth 300. Ill have less that 1000 in it and will make a good first car for my son. I wanted it to be a project car so he will learn how to work on vehicles. We looked everywhere anything less than a 1000 was rust buckets.

Oh... I feel for you... We still see running driving rust-free Datsuns here on the left coast.

Purchasing an old Volvo for your son will give him ample opportunity to learn.

Yeah gov officials are nuts out here. Now they put salt down at slightest warning of light snow. I guess bcuz so many commuters drive new cars with over size all season tires even in winter. It's nuts, many used to have a "winter beater" set up with snow tires, sand bags, working heat/radio...but now it's "keeping up with the Joneses" or whatnot. Drivers have become so accustomed to perfect roads, it's chaos at even an inch of snow now, let alone any ice

Salt salt salt :roll:

( oops for derail ) :cheers:

Last edited:
Yes, it was...

...worse Ive ever seen.

Yeah, I chatted with him on the phone. Between him knowing nothing about it, giving me vague answers and having had the car for less than two weeks, I passed on looking at it.

you were probably smart. It will make for a good first car for my son. Hes learning alot, I have 2 parts cars, it will work out. 240 in decent shape are getting harder to find. They are either junk or high dollar.

any classic/LE 93 is certainly worth fixing up, the last of the "best" car ever made amiright?

its probably an alarm as already mentioned, cut her out

Little red light

Hmm.

I had a red 93 244 that I installed a low coolant sensor in the exp tank that activated a radio shack led on the blank panel. I also installed remote door locking ala cleanflametrap.

Might you have my old girl?

Marty

Back