• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

10.49 in the gold brick

god bless america.
6D4Lm.jpg

Nice work! How bad did the trans end up? Sounded kind of like someone shook a box of rocks near the end of the last pass in-car...

M.

Nice work! How bad did the trans end up? Sounded kind of like someone shook a box of rocks near the end of the last pass in-car...

M.

Most excellent way to bring a year to an end.

How fast was the gray 740 at it's prime? 10s too?

Love the launch, cars that go slower then that pick the wheels up, but I guess Volvo's are just better designed. Stock diff still? WTF?

Thanks guys. It's an interesting car no doubt.

Think you're gonna get it dialed in and see 9's on the current setup?
maybe. It isn't that far off (none of the runs was sprayed start to finish except the last one, not that that would drop 4/10s, but kinda just as an example), there's still several things that need attention/work/fine tuning.

:) congrats, what can you do now? and what kind of improvements do you think you will see 1/4 mile wise?

Turn it up :) get some more consistency in it, figure out how to get more out of 3rd gear.

Most excellent way to bring a year to an end.

How fast was the gray 740 at it's prime? 10s too?

Gray car went a 10.87 or something like that, with a stock aw71. it was *much* lighter than the gold car though, I'd just about stripped as much out of one as you can and have it still look semi-normal.

Love the launch, cars that go slower then that pick the wheels up, but I guess Volvo's are just better designed. Stock diff still? WTF?
it's.. close. a looser converter might do it, but then it might just twist the diff up in a knot too ;) It's a welded diff, stock axles.

Not done by any stretch, still just working the kinks out. this car is about where the grey car was when it got totaled in terms of being sorted out. I'm mainly just glad I got to take it to the track more than once this year, that's been a rare treat for me. Unfortunately there is only so far I'm willing to go with this particular shell-it's not in great shape (obvious body mods aside), and I can't tag it. So I've procured another shell (actually, I got it some time last year, it's just sitting in the weeds right now, probably also rusting away), a 740 GL, that will get the requisite safety equipment(cage) and rear-body work to allow me to put it up on a transbrake and let unholy hell loose upon the unsuspecting denizens of MMP :-D

Just wondering, but since you're primarily drag racing this car have you (or anyone else for that matter) ever consider using a powerglide? It's smaller and weighs less than a TH350, I know of a guy running one behind 800HP in a 68 Camaro and is still kickin', and you can run 4.56 or 4.88 gears due to the wide ratio between the two gears in a 'glide. Plus, they are INEXPENSIVE. Great car, BTW. 10 second cars are still nothing to sneeze at and it seems you still have a lot of potential there.

well that's something. at least you got a time, and it still drives. considering all the trouble that things been this year......

hopefully, the next trans will be the last for a while

Back