• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Good to know.

Plan has been to attend the early summer shows then rip and tear. Got a plate full of DIY distractions around the house, but things are actually happening on the turbo front.

:nod:

I was going to talk about that. lol Beat me to it. Besides, if you mount it in one of the corners by the strut tower/firewall it will look clean and keep it nice and short.

Yeah, but...it's shiny...

So easily distracted. Almost bought another 245 because it had some cool stuff. Staying focused now.

Can most muffler shops put together a lo-buck down pipe? Front and rear V-bands, O2 bung for the gauge, flex thingy. What should I expect to pay?

In all sincerity, I haven't worked out how to get this to the shop yet with the turbo in and no exhaust. Does the LH O2 go in the bottom of the manifold? If so, the car should run and I could drive it a mile or two, open after the turbo. Or, I have a factory down pipe. I could leave the factory WG on and, with the factory header, drive it to the shop with that. Then swap the WG there after an hour cool down. Tow dolly?

Last edited:
Ordered the Kjet plugs from STS and the AMM wire extension from White855T.

Still got the three holes on the exhaust side of the cylinder head to sort. They have been fixed once with a coil or insert, so the holes are getting largish. Maybe go from an 8 to a 10mm with insert on these? More to come.

Can most muffler shops put together a lo-buck down pipe? Front and rear V-bands, O2 bung for the gauge, flex thingy. What should I expect to pay?

In all sincerity, I haven't worked out how to get this to the shop yet with the turbo in and no exhaust. Does the LH O2 go in the bottom of the manifold? If so, the car should run and I could drive it a mile or two, open after the turbo. Or, I have a factory down pipe. I could leave the factory WG on and, with the factory header, drive it to the shop with that. Then swap the WG there after an hour cool down. Tow dolly?

I have a chopped 940 DP that fits a 240 now, I will bring it to IPD, maybe we can work out a trade or something.

Oh, just realized the issue is with the Vband flange. Either way let me know and I will bring it, It is a conical flange DP with two O2 sensor holes.

Last edited:

No but on the 240T log manifold it does.

Nice catch. So LH in the pipe, Kjets in the log?

And I could likely start and run the car with the LH O2 in the Kjets position on the log?

Your car will run fine without the O2 in the exhaust stream, if it's just for a short trip to the exhaust shop. The O2 is only for closed loop idle and cruise fueling. WOT it ignores the O2 data.

You'll idle and cruise rich, but it will be fine.

A8AE4AB3-8BF0-46F3-B722-481D77712D65-M.jpg

00532D64-FFD9-449A-81C5-EF3AE7B2938D-M.jpg

Going to have the machine shop fix the exhaust manifold threads. Surprised to see any cross hatch. Talked with the exhaust shop about the down pipe.

That's the plan. I'm hoping in survives under my "roll-on in 2nd and 3rd" driving style. For a while at least.

Dropped some coin at IPD today (the lads gave me the sale prices). Picked up a gasket set, radiators hose / clamps / thermostat, t-belt / tensioner, head bolts, intercooler coupler hoses.

Head and manifold at the machine shop. They seemed confident. It did have Time-Serts, but the tech speculates that somebody Loctited the studs into them as two are stuck to the studs.

Turbo shaft has more play than I remembered.

Got some ideas on the down pipe.

IPD Sale tomorrow.

Woohoo.

Back