home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #451
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellstr View Post
Hmm, I wonder if Bill needs cabinets at the shop once they have the paint booth lined up? They are finally starting to get some of their own backlog out of the way. I'll inquire next time I talk to him, just for kicks.
Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have a body shop in Lodi interested (in a trade too) but he keeps saying he wants to come up and see the car. I keep telling him I'll bring it to him to see it but he insists it's to much hassle for me. It's really not, I own the f'ing trailer. Maybe I'll do that next week.
__________________
Hank Scorpio is from the Simpsons. You can call me Doug ;)
Will trade guitars/guitar parts for go fast goodies or stuff I need. Just PM.
www.kauerguitars.com the second best way to upset neighbors and alienate people.
History: Car 1 (242) | Car 2 (t5r) | Car 3 (255)
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:09 PM   #452
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer
 
gsellstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Somewhere in a northern California smog bank
Default

Most people don't have their cars mobile and a trailer to go with them I suspect he thinks that's the case with you. lol
__________________
RIP
Doug Williams aka Mr. Doug 4/15/2009
Pete Fluitman aka fivehundred 7/14/2013
Mick Starkey aka TrickMick 1/10/14

74 144 B20
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=224983

90 745Ti
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=334698

If you need Superpro bushings PM me for price and availability!
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #453
Lord_Athlon
Sf1k Kryptonite
 
Lord_Athlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: If there were a bright center of the universe, im in the town that is furthest from
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have a body shop in Lodi interested (in a trade too) but he keeps saying he wants to come up and see the car. I keep telling him I'll bring it to him to see it but he insists it's to much hassle for me. It's really not, I own the f'ing trailer. Maybe I'll do that next week.
But then your car might be stuck in lodi, again.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZVOLV View Post
I used paper books to learn how to do this stuff back in the day. Now I use pro software subscription
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolvor
3/4", make everything as heavy as possible for no reason. It's also 4:1 compression ratio because that's how cosworth did it in 1978.
Lord_Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:39 AM   #454
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon View Post
But then your car might be stuck in lodi, again.
Well done. A+ reference!
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #455
kiznile
Newbie
 
kiznile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Default

Doug wth....?
__________________
Kyle Sutherland
No Volvos currently. But a Beamer and a Bimmer. Just a big volvo fan.
kiznile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #456
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiznile View Post
Doug wth....?
I know. :*(

Here's where I've been at. The car is stuck waiting for paint. We know that. Unfortunately the business keeps sucking up the few opportunities I've had where I could afford the next step. First I had the lawsuit with Gibson (which we won). Then had some other events. Launching something major next year which should be a game changer for us but to do it, I just wrote a 30k check for an automated UV Curing booth. It's been sucky.

But the head should almost be done at the machine shop. Blocks been done. I could probably start putting the motor together pretty soon, at least feel like I'm doing something there. Just between the kids and work and life in general just haven't really had a chance to do it. Also, of the three body shops on my block here only one seemed marginally interested in painting the car.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #457
volvoracer82
Board Member
 
volvoracer82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: B-Low
Default

You better hurry up on this thing, or you are going to have to change the thread title to "Globex Corp presents: 255 My son's first car/drive the kids soccer team to practice Hauler"
__________________
1983 242ti-weekendish driver. 19/16 sways, mvp endlinks, gt braces, 17x9 ESM 004R's, Truetrack, Rx7 brakes, momo steering wheel, corbeau gt2's, 405 head, b230 int. atp ultimate WG, 3" turbo back, ported 90+ mani, k cam, Garrett t3/t4
1982 245DL-DD
1984 242ti-?
volvoracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #458
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoracer82 View Post
You better hurry up on this thing, or you are going to have to change the thread title to "Globex Corp presents: 255 My son's first car/drive the kids soccer team to practice Hauler"
LOL that has become the new running joke. The other problem right now is its getting damn old putting kids in the back of my c30 every day. Been eying that new new xc90 hard.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #459
volvoracer82
Board Member
 
volvoracer82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: B-Low
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
LOL that has become the new running joke. The other problem right now is its getting damn old putting kids in the back of my c30 every day. Been eying that new new xc90 hard.
too bad that new v90 is years off
volvoracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #460
woodenpudden
lacks goats
 
woodenpudden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Princess Anne, MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
First I had the lawsuit with Gibson (which we won). Then had some other events. Launching something major next year which should be a game changer for us but to do it, I just wrote a 30k check for an automated UV Curing booth. It's been sucky.
That right thar is scary.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMFWallace View Post

Flunt delivers!
woodenpudden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #461
Lord_Athlon
Sf1k Kryptonite
 
Lord_Athlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: If there were a bright center of the universe, im in the town that is furthest from
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I know. :*(

Here's where I've been at. The car is stuck waiting for paint. We know that. Unfortunately the business keeps sucking up the few opportunities I've had where I could afford the next step. First I had the lawsuit with Gibson (which we won). Then had some other events. Launching something major next year which should be a game changer for us but to do it, I just wrote a 30k check for an automated UV Curing booth. It's been sucky.

But the head should almost be done at the machine shop. Blocks been done. I could probably start putting the motor together pretty soon, at least feel like I'm doing something there. Just between the kids and work and life in general just haven't really had a chance to do it. Also, of the three body shops on my block here only one seemed marginally interested in painting the car.
Gibson is a huge pain in the ass.
Lord_Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #462
grnmachine02
Indicating?
 
grnmachine02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenpudden View Post
That right thar is scary.
Something about body shape I assume? They were suing people left and right over the explorer body at one point.

Gibson has turned into a **** show of a company. Their products have really taken a dive in quality. Maybe my next guitar should be a kauer...
__________________
1990 745t- b230ft, ebay manifold, hy35, Microsquirt, t5 2jz and w58 eventually, and a lot of memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post

Rage boner achieved.
grnmachine02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #463
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer
 
gsellstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Somewhere in a northern California smog bank
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmachine02 View Post
Something about body shape I assume? They were suing people left and right over the explorer body at one point.

Gibson has turned into a **** show of a company. Their products have really taken a dive in quality. My next guitar will be a kauer...
ftfy
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #464
The Full Banana
not yet good enough
 
The Full Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, WI
Default

Everyone go buy a Kauer. I want to see this done.
__________________
Tom 1980 242 GT
The Full Banana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #465
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler
 
Harlard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PDX
Default

Not many of us can afford Kauers
__________________


Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #466
grnmachine02
Indicating?
 
grnmachine02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harribert View Post
Not many of us can afford Kauers
I just need to sell one of my kidneys, and possibly one from a bum that no one will miss.
grnmachine02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #467
volvoracer82
Board Member
 
volvoracer82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: B-Low
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmachine02 View Post
possibly one from a bum that no one will miss.
Come to Santa Cruz, and take as many as you want. we need to thin out the herd
volvoracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #468
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

There's more I want to respond to but to lazy on the iPad for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harribert View Post
Not many of us can afford Kauers
Yeah I know that's what the new thing will address. Launching a sub brand next year, still made mostly by us here (subbing the neck out for now), Duncan's standard, 5 color choices and a few pickup/pick guard options with a retail starting price of 1299. Should be a game changer for us but to get from here to there has been a substantial undertaking.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #469
SquareD
An Anomaly
 
SquareD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Full Banana View Post
Everyone go buy a Kauer. I want to see this done.
"Is the guitar still for sale? Wld you take a 92 F150, a sks and a non-running atv as trade. LMK."
__________________
1994 945ti | 15g @ 14psi, Turbosmart EBC, AEM Failsafe WB, 3"/2.5" exhaust, do88 intercooler, iPd cam, STS cam gear, Ostrich LH tune, sbabbs EZK chip, green giants, K&N, Yoshifab CCV/Can/Cap, iPd SS brake lines, TME, Eibach, BNE, Koni suspension, iPd sways, iPd panhard, Cherry Turbos upper/lower braces, forged BBS RG-Rs, Michelin Pilot SS, ecodes, V90 bits.
1985 744ti | 13.8 @ 100.5 mph - Sold after 20 years.
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #470
pwschuh
Rolling...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Default

Sorry about the Gibson nonsense and congrats on your victory.
__________________
"No man would listen to you talk if he didn't know it was his turn next." E. W. Howe
pwschuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #471
kiznile
Newbie
 
kiznile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
LOL that has become the new running joke. The other problem right now is its getting damn old putting kids in the back of my c30 every day. Been eying that new new xc90 hard.
I totally get it, sorry about the lawsuit though, ugh.
kiznile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #472
Benjam83
Moar Volvos than Queen B
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Peoria Illinois
Default

Since you won, does Gibson have to pay for your expenses for defending yourself? Or are you not allowed to talk about that?

Just curious how that works...
__________________
Ben

12 WRX Hatchback
10 Subaru Outback
93 245 m47
Benjam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #473
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

First of all, I want to thank you all so much for following what I do! That's incredibly cool to see (and talk to) so many of you following the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjam83 View Post
Since you won, does Gibson have to pay for your expenses for defending yourself? Or are you not allowed to talk about that?

Just curious how that works...
Technically we didn't go to court, we just had lawyers fighting it out back and forth for about a year. Everytime the ball got bounced to the other side I had to write another check. Going to court would have infinitely been more expensive (up front at least) but this was bad enough.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #474
Lord_Athlon
Sf1k Kryptonite
 
Lord_Athlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: If there were a bright center of the universe, im in the town that is furthest from
Default

They tried screwing my moms employer over dealership rights, it was a basic form of extortion. He said f*** it.

They no longer sell gibson.
Lord_Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #475
BillyMaysHere
Board Member
 
BillyMaysHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San franpsycho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
First of all, I want to thank you all so much for following what I do! That's incredibly cool to see (and talk to) so many of you following the business.



Technically we didn't go to court, we just had lawyers fighting it out back and forth for about a year. Everytime the ball got bounced to the other side I had to write another check. Going to court would have infinitely been more expensive (up front at least) but this was bad enough.
So they win either way by going after a small business, either they get them to give up money or they try to make the small business loose its ass due to lawyer costs. Thats fing lame man, im sorry
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
I am actually the gentlest and kindest of souls, you know that...I wish peace and happiness to everybody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forg View Post
Was a sandals-and-socks elbow-patch-cardigan-wearing bearded college-professor 10mph-under-the-limit-in-the-fast-lane typical Volvo buyer from 1993 really caring about some sort of limited edition numbering?
BillyMaysHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.