• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

I'll let you know when the wagon is tuned decent and let ya take a peek at the new stuff. Firmware is all of 3 weeks old. Ya know what though, no more jumpers to reflash. lol

i cast a vote for ms3x. having it on my daily 945 20g F+T e85 was really alot of fun and broke alot of transmissions.

aside from that, i can vouch for ms3x. these new firmwares let you have rpm/map based map switching.. so imagine 2x16x16 or 2x24x24 fuel/spark maps... if you know what i mean :)

I'll let you know when the wagon is tuned decent and let ya take a peek at the new stuff. Firmware is all of 3 weeks old. Ya know what though, no more jumpers to reflash. lol

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

i cast a vote for ms3x. having it on my daily 945 20g F+T e85 was really alot of fun and broke alot of transmissions.

aside from that, i can vouch for ms3x. these new firmwares let you have rpm/map based map switching.. so imagine 2x16x16 or 2x24x24 fuel/spark maps... if you know what i mean :)

Yep. VEMS has a fair amount of this too but I think MS3 has it beat in that department still. The e85 / flexfuel integration is a good selling point.

I do love me some E85! Gotta play with that flex fuel thing in a few months, when the wagon is settled down on a good MS2 tune.

Still taking some time to get MS2 worked out, half of that being the damn wideband being wacky, but otherwise it runs so smooth so far with minimal tuning, plus it even starts like a normal car. lol

I actually had a GT3071R on the yellow car. The new one is a bit smaller but from everything I've heard and read (and Chris told me) it's like a 3071R but faster spooling and a wider response.

The GTX3067R uses the same turbine wheel as the 60mm GT3071R (700177-0023 and similar). The compressor stage is totally different however - 67mm exducer vs. 71mm, and a smaller T04B style compressor hsg vs. the T04E housing on the 3071. All of the GTX turbos share the same basic compressor wheel aero design, scaled appropriately, which is fully machined. All of the GTX turbos also have ported shrouds in the compressor housings; only a handful of the older GT ball-bearing units had ported shrouds.

Some advantages of the GTX3067R vs GT3071R:

-Smaller 67mm compressor wheel = lower inertia (flow range is essentially same as the old 71mm)
-Higher turbine efficiency due to smaller wheel (higher turbo speed for same boost pressure will in general increase turbine efficiency).
-Increased compressor efficiency across the board; peak = 79% (2 points higher)
-Decreased charge air temps due to higher compressor efficiency
-Decreased exhaust backpressure at same boost pressure, due to overall efficiency gain
-Improved transient response due to all of the above
-Better surge margin, due to ported shroud
-Smaller overall size, due to T04B style comp hsg
-Lighter weight (marginally)
-Billet wheels are shiny. :roll:

Doug - I'm not sure which version of the old GT3071R you had, but there are also "cut-down" turbines which have an inducer diameter of 56.5mm vs. 60.0mm on the standard GT30 turbine wheel. They were cut down to fit in the GT28 style internally wastegated housings.

This thread is lacking in updates!

I know right! I have been so busy I just haven't had a chance to look at it, plus we're in the midst of backyardmagedon.

I have a brand new Hobart TIG sitting in my garage, haven't even had the time to change my 220 outlet to the right style. I have a set of forged rods and pistons sitting on my bench in the garage.

I am painting a guitar for a customer in the same color as the 255 will be, so that's something right!

DOug, your 242 is the Reason i got into Volvos. Super excited to see this!

Okay, you got my attention....

Subscribed.

DOug, your 242 is the Reason i got into Volvos. Super excited to see this!

Thank you guys, much too kind!

I need to get back to work on it. My summer has been surprisingly busy (mainly with a major scorched earth backyard renovation. The upside is I get a shed to get a bunch of crap out of the garage when I'm done).

Not really a car update... but I did get to paint a customers guitar in the color scheme of the wagon.

157558027.jpg

157558025.jpg

157558029.jpg

What's amazing is how it's two different colors inside to outside in sunlight
157558030.jpg

157558035.jpg

So there we go. Same bronze powder for the pickguard as the wheels (well... wheel currently) will be.

Was really hoping for an update on the car when I saw this thread on the top..

But the guitar looks beatiful!:)Next time Im counting on Pictures of the car:)

Back