• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Just order a wasted spark PCB from BTI..

Good quality and the same price. And most important: items are in stock:roll:
The kit even includes a screw in plug

15914952584_9d8cfbc165_z.jpg

15914951804_cc78459c7e_z.jpg

16536449182_992fd4f837_z.jpg

16351609227_74d37ea506_z.jpg

Been looking for these boards as well,
but as earlier posts say the Bijlsma's kit is quite a step up in price.

Last edited:
-Plug&Wiring loom, €45,00 including 21% Dutch Tax
-Wasted Spark PCB with connectors, €55,00 including 21% Dutch Tax

I ordered these, i tell when i got these. (already in transit)

I think thats nice price, with connector etc...

-Plug&Wiring loom, €45,00 including 21% Dutch Tax
-Wasted Spark PCB with connectors, €55,00 including 21% Dutch Tax

I ordered these, i tell when i got these. (already in transit)

I think thats nice price, with connector etc...

I got these installed, nice quality!

Heres, some pictures:
11013358_10206370243644794_5874713009502369578_n.jpg

11103534_10206389834334549_2135128332_o.jpg

I have to mod/bend little that coil connector to get 90 degree bend... (stupid hood :lol:)
Or just weld better coil bracket...

Its easier to buy better bracket from BTI... But i thinked i can do it... :-D

Karl​, Buddy READ MY MESSAGES

Ive been waiting over 6 MONTHS for my parts and you no longer respond to my messages?
Ive had to message people all over the forum to find out what the hell is happening.

Id like my parts Karl, Ive paid a LOT of money for this stuff and id like it SOON

The moral of this story is a lot of spoiled litte rich *******s, who have mommy and daddy cut checks for there whims don't care about people who work hard to pay there bills. Word is they moved to LA to bigger and better things for spoiled brats.

The moral of this story is a lot of spoiled litte rich *******s, who have mommy and daddy cut checks for there whims don't care about people who work hard to pay there bills. Word is they moved to LA to bigger and better things for spoiled brats.

You're representing Lake Michigan poorly. For shame.

Well, now back on topic......I finally completed the install on my 9 series DD, very very happy with the results thus far! Removed the Goldbox EZK with TLAO chip, and replaced with a bonestocker 92 EZK with Karl's WS board installed. I followed his original recs. and used the BOSCH Motorsports coil and 203 Powerstage. All the details are in my build thread, but a few pics here for the wasted spark cause:

DSCN6604.jpg

DSCN6603.jpg

DSCN6605.jpg

Anyone doing this conversion using the BOSCH 203 powerstage, and having trouble restoring tach ops, PM me and I'll show you how (really simple).

Thanks again to Karl; this is a sweet low cost upgrade that my butt dyno says outperforms my previous ignition controller (which used to miss/buck a bit from 5K up) but the BUCHKA-spark just keeps pulling.....:-D And for those who continually gripe about availability, I see Karl's board turning up in the FS section every couple months.......

Just order a wasted spark PCB from BTI..

Good quality and the same price. And most important: items are in stock:roll:
The kit even includes a screw in plug

15914952584_9d8cfbc165_z.jpg

15914951804_cc78459c7e_z.jpg

16536449182_992fd4f837_z.jpg

16351609227_74d37ea506_z.jpg

I got also this kind of Wasted Spark card. It seems to have three same wiring connections as Karlś board have, but no ground wiring between EZK-board and WS-card, what I read from the instructions. Is that true?

And what is that round 4-pin plug what comes with the WS-card.

what kind of coil is it? VAG?
setup looks good, although i would have painted the plate black as well.

Just wasted a couple of days on silly assumption, trying to be smart. So just a warning not to try this.

The 960 3 channel ignition amplifier (0 227 100 203) can only do one channel at a time.

I tried to use the spare channel for the rev counter output, but it reduced the input resistance on the other channels so much that I was only getting just over 1V pulses from the wasted spark board and the original ECU. After disconnecting the rev counter output (original drive signal) I am getting sparks but the wasted spark board is still only outputting 4V pulses. Still not starting but have some other things to sort now.

I'm also hoping to use the 360 renix crank sensor, mainly just to prove it works, although I have a hot melt glued 940 concoction in at the moment for elimination purposes.

I'm doing a 360 turbo LH2.4 conversion and wasted spark at the same time so have created a few extra hurdles for myself.

I'm still scratching my head on this. Turns and farts a bit but no start. Starter does seem a bit slow even with a good battery, may swap it over with the daily, could be a bad joint somewhere. Have seen half a pulse with 5V, otherwise more like 3.4V. VCC solid 5V.

On the channels on the amp, I have used 2 adjacent channels and disconnected the 3rd as per the last post. should I use 2 non-adjacent channels, like 1+3 as per the diagram near the start of this thread?

Its alive! Main problem seemed to be the spark banks where round the wrong way. I double checked against the diagrams, seemed to be right but not sure what went wrong, no details on the coil datasheet unfortunately.

Still only seeing just over 3V at new and old spark logic outputs but seems to work. The single spark feed seems to give 5V for first half a pulse and thereafter 3V.

Anyone else measured this?

Back