• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Cold Air Intake + New addition to the family

Nah, Repco

Actually Repco has those filters for $29.99, which makes them less expensive enough than the OEM panel filter($49) that I switched. Yeah I know you probably think they're crap. Whatever. :p

Oh, and as for the piping, that was all put together from parts I had in my garage.

Actually Repco has those filters for $29.99, which makes them less expensive enough than the OEM panel filter($49) that I switched. Yeah I know you probably think they're crap. Whatever. :p
Nope, I have one. :-D
But remember you need to oil it like a K&N otherwise it's not "really" doing much. You can buy the K&N "Recharge" kit for about $20 and you get the spray oil and the cleaner. I've cleaned mine twice (and just yesterday actually), you just re-oil it and it's still kickin after two years and probably will last for many more (plenty more cleans and re-oils in the recharge kit too). I did a more traditional dodge-up heat shield deal though (I'm N/A) :
24-12-05_1658.jpg

looks good, watch out for puddles. you may want to look into a breather that AEM makes, the breather only opens when the filter clogs or becomes submerged so no damage is done to the motor. Good luck!

Yeah, I know there could be a problem with puddles etc., but I'm not too worried as I never drive the car in the rain, or anywhere muddy/dirty/etc.(for the record all the brown gunk in my engine bay settled in there when I used a blower to get rid of the masses of dust and such on the floor of my garage).

The only annoying thing is that I have to take the filter out to wash the car... but it only takes 10 seconds, so I can't complain.

Back