• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Wow! What a transformation your 242 is taking! BBQ looked like a good time, and nice job on the relay board and efi harness! Didn’t think this 242 could get any cooler...

Widget Man tach converter? I've got one for the whiteblock in my 244 and it works awesome :).
I'm digging the new powerplant.

You know, I need to take a look at the wiring again. My tach does not seem to be doing anything at the moment.

Looks really good man, Hopefully I get to ride in it next year :)

Thanks you guys. Progress has been painfully slow. Been focusing a lot on kids and work in the last month. My usual 11PM-3AM car work schedule gets affected as a result.

More progress. Decided to class up the joint a bit.

mjL06oYh.jpg

jbn4IlKh.jpg

Plugged away at the car. Found out I lost a friend this weekend and used the time alone to process. Got a few things done

3CXmmqXh.jpg

b3l7A28h.jpg

DXKjmLrh.jpg

7Cd4wifh.jpg

3HcMwpwh.jpg

Good bye, Kevin. I hope you have found your peace. I love you like a brother and hope that one day we will cross paths again.

Sz7JQYzh.jpg

Good parts, good beer, good food, good friends, good times! This thread is winning.

Sorry for your loss.

Awesome progress man, keep it up!

Awesome Harold. The Brembos look great! Sorry to hear about your buddy, never easy losing a close friend or loved one. Thoughts and prayers homie.

Progress has been crawling. Been running on empty this month with non-car life taking place front and center this year. Something about actually caring about my career, friends, kids, keeping the house maintained and repaired...

Aaaaanyway. Took a few minutes to adapt the master cylinder, build a new hard line for it mock up the KL racing control arms and seeing how much clearance my front wheels would have at full compression. So far things look encouraging. The sway bar end link brackets are going to be a bit...amateurish.

YvUeKqfh.jpg

7JkgpZsh.jpg

KAiNIqbh.jpg

uSSRxZyh.jpg

czM1uzNh.jpg

Smd2eXEh.jpg

LB4E2Igh.jpg

ttpj2sqh.jpg

Last edited:
So the car has been sitting for the last week until I got around to bleeding the clutch and brakes; I installed a Speedway Motors return spring for the pedal along with giving the linkage a cleanup as the fork was fouling a little with the throwout bearing along the middle of the pedal travel. It must have been a lot as the pedal once again feels significantly smoother and lighter than before.

Anyway, between the last video of the engine barely idling, all of a sudden it responds to throttle inputs without dying and will actually rev out a little bit. No tuning or messing with it otherwise. At any ratew, I'll take it I guess :e-shrug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cyVSPl6-W54?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shame there will be a lot of intercooling in place; it makes a great-sounding bark out of the throttle body.Part of me wishes I'd have gone for a nonturbo engine instead. The sound alone would completely make up for the reduction in power.

Back