• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie Volvo 360 CUP Hatch

Have some issue's in getting the lowering springs from classic swede in the strut.
It always goes sideways and i seem to be on the max of the treat already.
Should i secure the spring somehow to keep it from going wrong or falling out?

strut2.JPG

strut+1.JPG

When i was running classiswede springs i had to clamp them in.
Get yourself some steel strip 25mm wide 3mm thick.
Drill an 8mm hole in a short piece of it to bolt to the spring cups, if you look at top and bottom cups there is a factory hole.
Make the strips bolt in here over 1coil of the spring so they just go past the edge of the spring cup. Ran mine like that for 2 years with no problems.
Adam

I put those suspension on another 340. I had them on my grey car but i took that off the road in 2008. Built proper coilovers for it but its still sat in the garage waiting for me to finish building it...
Adam

Used the press of the neighboring garage to put in the PU bushings i got from Dai (Classicswede)
I wonder how much of a difference this will make on the leafs

pu1.JPG

pu2.JPG

When i was running classiswede springs i had to clamp them in.
Get yourself some steel strip 25mm wide 3mm thick.
Drill an 8mm hole in a short piece of it to bolt to the spring cups, if you look at top and bottom cups there is a factory hole.
Make the strips bolt in here over 1coil of the spring so they just go past the edge of the spring cup. Ran mine like that for 2 years with no problems.
Adam

Ideally i would need something short strut, talking to dai about this but he's taking his time to respond. Meanwhile i sort of neglected this build for other stuff that got my intrest. Need to be picking this up soon again.

Cut out some crispy bits, there are only to bad spots worth mentioning, thats pretty good for a dutch 360 :-)
No pics of welded in steel it was late and i was tired :-P

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

got a new fresh subframe from Ruben and JW240 (thanks!) and took the old struds of the racer and recoated them, for now i will run the 4CM lowering springs from classicswede as the new one wont fit the non short struds Koni's. I hope before the first race i will have the short struds from classicswede so i can run 6CM lowering.

foto+1.JPG

Steeringrack back on, all the bolts back and the wheels are on. Pulled the engine and popped the windschield to find more rust then we hoped for. we have less than one month to get the car ready... jikes!

foto+1.JPG

foto+2.JPG

foto+3.JPG

Pulled the windshield to fix the little rust spot. turns out it was a little bigger.

foto+2.JPG

foto+1.JPG

Also destroyed one of the threats when pulling the subframe. A member of the Volvo300mania in the UK provided me with some hardware to resolve this! Thanks!

foto+1.JPG

foto+2.JPG

last piece is now welded now ready to make it all smooth again and the new windscreen can go back in. Also spot welded on the fenders and prepped them with antirust paint and final coat. so the fenders are ready to go back too

foto+1.JPG

foto+2.JPG

Calipers painted and the welds been sanded down, filled and put in zink and then paint.
Last night started working on the decals i can already make at this point :cool:

foto+1.JPG

foto+2.JPG

foto+3.JPG

foto+4.JPG

Back