• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Beige Bounce Back - Vol242vo's 242

I've definitely stalled out the past few weeks, I need a few hundred more dollars worth of stuff and it'll run. Aaand I just bought another Volvo. :wtf:

We need to get pictures of our Eastern WA beige 242s once we're both running

Agreed! I?ll be there next spring to Summer, just a few tidying up bits on my end. Did you see the 1980 Brown 242 in Wenatchee for $350???!! Wish I had the room for it...

Beige car, bronze wheels

qy9IHkTh.jpg

Amazing attention to detail, giving me inspiration to tackle the multiple projects (blower motor/heater core, upholstery, sunroof crank, A/C etc) that my newly acquired 78 needs.

Beige and bronze go together. I insist.

Haha! They do, just not quite what I’m going for.

The 242 is tucked away for winter already. Didn’t remotely get done what I had hoped I would but she’ll be on the road next summer. This is my winter project/to do...clean, rebuild, replace everything in these boxes. I want to hit the ground running come next spring as far as the engine and engine bay go.

AF80-BBD0-0-CDB-402-B-B5-BA-0-F1-A603-A3800.jpg

Last edited:
Sticking with Kjet?
Or maybe stealth install some injector bungs on the bottom of that intake and tuck everything real nice?

Sticking with Kjet?
Or maybe stealth install some injector bungs on the bottom of that intake and tuck everything real nice?

My first priority is getting it running and reliable with Kjet, just because it?s what I have. I want to enjoy the car as a simple summer cruiser for now, in time I?ll look into a different engine management system along with better injectors and such.

I will keep as much as I physically can clean and tucked away as parts go back in. First, a good cleaning of everything and as I?m dismantling and rebuilding items I?ll take inventory of what?s needed for a smooth install and hope for minimal headaches next spring!

I’ve always wanted to try to smooth out all the casting marks and fully polish a B21 intake manifold, this is going to take a very long time but I think it’ll be worth it when it’s done. Today I spent about an hour hitting the high spots and taking down areas that can be smoothed out.

1-A306-EB9-E859-4-D03-AB98-7-B588-CC1-CBB5.jpg

0-C86-B115-0-ED6-4-BDB-B9-FF-7-DAB5-C0-B5-C04.jpg

72411-CDA-9-C4-E-4-E75-92-D8-58755-F1-D66-DE.jpg

A864246-B-EE07-4886-B818-D7-A9-B523948-B.jpg

Once I’m happy with the results I’ll replace all the vacuum lines and hardware.

You gonna put some clear powder coat on there? I'd hate a polished intake just from a maintenance standpoint lol

You gonna put some clear powder coat on there? I'd hate a polished intake just from a maintenance standpoint lol

No, I don't think I will, I'll keep it clean. That stuff doesn't bother me at all when you're standing back and admiring the results.

Use Shine Seal. I like polishing aluminum so I have a lot of raw polished aluminum stuff, including the lips of my Epsilons. I bought a Shine Seal kit and the stuff is great. Easy clean with soap and water, lasts for quite a while. Really does a great job protecting the finish.

Starting to get some promising results on the manifold, this is just down to 2500 grit sand paper...I’ll wet sand it all as a last step then buff and polish it. So far I’m happy to see what it’s going to look like, some of the tighter areas are going to be tough...

51790662-337-B-410-C-84-D9-C6516338-CD10.jpg

995-FFB7-A-999-F-45-FE-8930-ADD18-E7-A9-A38.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited to see your results. You are one of few people I've seen on the forums that might actually pull this off.

I've always liked that manifold.

Back