• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 turned into tire burning machine. Modular 4.6l Cobra engine swap. Pics inside!

We are using the mustang hydrobooster with the volvo master cylender

IMG_7851.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

ecu at its new home
IMG_7866.jpg

And the radiator is in its place.. the radiator comes from a chrysler intrepid
IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

the coolant bootle is only there for a trial fit, we still have to find a place for it

I'm not a fan of V8's, mainly because they are a dime a dozen and most use pushrods, but I'd LOVE a DOHC (or hell even a SOHC) V8 in my Volvo. This is ****ing awesome.

DSC00526.jpg

slammed...
DSC00525.jpg

We drove it for the first time out of the garage today. We still have to fix a minor running problem, but I think I know what?s causing it.

Last edited:
ZOMG! that thing sounds ****ing amazing. You need a friend with a better camera some quality sound would be soooo sweet

That is very nice. I would love a large displacement engine in a 240, too bad it's not possible to build one in here.

So, how do you say grymt bygge in Icelandic :oogle:.

Wookiepedia says:
"A hydrobooster was a starship component that could be controlled by an automatic system. Otherwise, the pilot would have to monitor it. "

But yeah I was wondering the same thing, looks cool and compact, although not much shorter than the volvo one.

Lots of big diesel trucks, and american vehicles, lots of germans like Audi for sure use hydraulic assisted brakes. Instead of vaccuum to assist the brake power, they use hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump for the assist. The Bosch system is called Hydroboost. The european cars use something similar, not sure what they call it though. Its easy to find in the junkyard. Look at chevy astro vans. Because of the tight engine compartments on those vans, they had to do something compact for the brakes.

These brakes can be VERY powerful. Like breathe on the pedal and you stop instantly.

Cool. Thanks Ken. Definitely something to keep in mind whenever that engine swap of mine comes around. Could perhaps also be useful for 240 people wishing to convert to 16v and use the stock manifold.

Not the first v8 I would swap in but mad props for all the work. When I swapped an Ls1 in my s10 I also had to adapt a hydroboost unit from a 2005 yukon in order to clear the rear coils. Like said before the brakes do get extremely sensitive.
hydrofireacad035.jpg

hydrofireacad034.jpg

Custum fiberglass Air intake tube,
IMG_7902.jpg

It?s just about done! I needed to move the coolant reservoir to the firewall, it was sitting to low where it was before. Ignore the ugly hose clamp it was only there for mocking up.

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

Back