• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BBS RG-Rs on my 945t

SquareD

An Anomaly
Finally got some good pictures of my wagon with the new shoes. Specs: BBS RG-R, 17x8, forged, ~17lbs each, 5x120, et40, 22mm front adapters & 28mm rear adapters. Tires are 225-45-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I'm pretty happy with the new setup.

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04506.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04515.jpg

DSC04532.jpg

Last edited:
Teh secks.

Yes, it would look good on the internet if it were lower, but it would take away from the functionality and it looks wonderful as is.

Teh secks.

Yes, it would look good on the internet if it were lower, but it would take away from the functionality and it looks wonderful as is.

Thanks! Coilovers would be nice, but between these and the m90 swap I've gotta chill on spending for a while. The car handled pretty nicely before, but the super sports have taken it up a notch; it's a great balance of comfort and handling.

Looks goooooooooood. I love me some BBS action.

Soo good!

Thanks guys!

skeet skeet skeet.

RGR is seriously one of the best looking wheels BBS made, lighter than LM's by far, elegant and works on classic and modern cars (unlike RS that only works on older vehicles).

skeet skeet skeet.

RGR is seriously one of the best looking wheels BBS made, lighter than LM's by far, elegant and works on classic and modern cars (unlike RS that only works on older vehicles).

Thanks Sam. I'm a huge fan of the look of the 2 and 3 piece wheels, but I really wanted a wheel that was under 20lbs per corner. I also wanted something with a more aggressive spoke design than the Style 5's I had on my 740. These popped up for a reasonable price and were the right offset to adapt to my preferences/look. I only compared them on a bathroom scale, but this wheel/tire combo looks to be a bit lighter than the 16x6.5 Perfos with 205-55s I ran previously. It's a win-win.

Awesomeness.

The only ting I wouldn't like about that setup is cleaning those wheels, but I don't think that's an issue for you.

Awesomeness.

The only ting I wouldn't like about that setup is cleaning those wheels, but I don't think that's an issue for you.

Haha, not a big deal for me. The style 5s on my old 740 were worse. I've had meshies on my Bolbos since 1996, it's all I've ever known...

I had some mesh BBS wheels on my old VR6 Jetta. Such a royal PITA to clean in all those little nooks and crannies. When I got my 245, I took off the similarly styled Scorpius wheels, and the smooth 5 spokes I replaced them with were selected half for the ease of cleaning. (in addition to being 17X7.5)

But there's no doubt, they look awesome.

Back