• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Alternator Tensioner Bracket Options And Questions

Xovaan

research flat earth
My dad's 245 has a Denso 100a alternator. I just realized his upper bracket was installed incorrectly, in the "prone to shearing the bolt in the block" way. I'm looking for part numbers, pictures, and options for mounting this safely and sturdily. It's a '94 B230FT in the stock 240 alternator location. What I have at my disposal: two poly bushings, the "long tube" style upper tensioner arm, and a short bolt, so definitely missing parts.

Any ideas?

Volvo came out with a bracket that is shorter on the part that uses the bushing and then they supply a thick spacer to bring the bracket into the right location. This is what I put on my turbo. In general you could just use the spacer and bolt and move the older non adjuster bracket to the front of the alternator upper mount. That's the main difference is that the upper mount bracket moved from the back of the upper alternator mount to in front of it starting in 85 with the B230F.

Back