• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1985 240 fueling and ignition change

So I'm planing on taking out the fuel injection and stock ignition system. John V has already said sidedraft carbs 50 or 55 mm getting that done have got a hold of a z spec t5. Looking at options for ignition. Any help on what is best or works better . Looking at 500 bucks max or will wait and get something better as time goes on

Think outside the box . @pdx240 hillborn fi is better then hl 2.2 has ever been . The car is going old school for a reason that how I want it fuel and ignition to be independent.

Hilborn doesn't sell anything significant for under $500.

Did you decide if you are going carb or FI yet?
Any updates?

Last post:

Forum: performance & suspension 01-13-2016, 01:25 AM
Replies: 28
Na header question
Views: 1,232
Posted By Recman4
@jack it turned out half way decent. Thanks for...

@jack it turned out half way decent. Thanks for bombing all the post that I have started. FYI idgf what you think. I have 4 volvo projects two are dd's and two that I'm trying to build for fun. All...

Last Activity: 01-17-2016 02:16 AM

Kind of this is going to be a amature (sic) rally car.

I think you've got the amateur part figured out.

But keeping it n/a to get the feel of my suspension and tires

Yeah, 'cause NOTHING screws up feedback from the suspension like a turbocharger.

Sorry to give you grief, but you've been sold a bill of goods. Carbs better than EFI? That dog won't hunt.

Go ahead and put in a points distributor for ignition while you're swapping parts.

Back