• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Heater fan speed problem

hessam69

Hi,

I have a 1992 940GL with manual MCC air conditioning.

The fan only works on speeds 3, 4 and 5. Not on 1 and 2. I swapped the control unit with one from another 940, and it doesn't solve the issue. Is there a fan speed resistor and if so where is it located also can it be repaired? Is that my problem?

Thank you

Resistor is behind the glove box. I don't know if it can be fixed, but it looks like it uses real resistors instead of graphite traces. Pull it before buying a new one, because it looks like there are two different types of resistor for the 940. One looks like ceramic resistors in a heat shrink tube, and the other is a neat looking box with a big heat sink on one side. The first one runs a little under $100, and the other is about $200.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, this helped. My problem was also the fan speed resistor, I changed it, now my fan works and my non-functioning AC works too. There must be a load sensor for protection.

Thanks again

Back