• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

question about 850 speakers

2fast4u

I want to know if any of you 850 gents are fitting 6.5" speakers in your doors? The 850 has 4" speakers in the doors and rear deck. I would like to do 6.5" and 6x9 in the rear deck. What have you guys done? Tips for install?

Looks like you're getting your information from crutchfield.

850s have 5.25" speakers in the doors. I just installed a set in mine.

I put 5.25's in the front door of mine. 5.25 was too small for the rear doors, so I'll put in some 6.5". Rear shelf are 5x7's. I didn't look at the dash. THis is in my early 94 non-turbo non-premium sound

Jordan

I wouldn't try to fit 6.5"s, you're going to be cutting it way too close to fit those in the front doors.

The dash speakers are some weird shaped tweeter. You can get adapter plates off of the internet to fit a nice 1" silk dome tweeter.

Or, I just disconnected the tweeter and installed some nice Pioneer two ways in the front doors.

I wouldn't try to fit 6.5"s, you're going to be cutting it way too close to fit those in the front doors.

The dash speakers are some weird shaped tweeter. You can get adapter plates off of the internet to fit a nice 1" silk dome tweeter.

Or, I just disconnected the tweeter and installed some nice Pioneer two ways in the front doors.

For the dash, I put some generic 4" speakers, they fit without trimming anything and I think even two of the mounting holes lined up. They were Lightning Audio or something nice like that :lol: Impedance was apparently also the same as stock though I never checked (they sounded great).

With those, I put 5.25" midranges in all the doors, and left the stock rear shelf speakers. Nice balance. The acoustics and speaker setup in an 850 are wonderful compared to the RWD cars.

5.25 in doors, get some foam stripping to gasket up the baskets, may have a void or two.

running a pair of image dynamics 1" in stock tweeter spots now, cut out old basket, abs glued in a frame from some obscure set and dropped in the id's... 5 1/4" pb 3xl in doors, trying to figure out how to hang a 6.5" bandpass from rear deck and flow port up through the opening.

all of the tweeter magnets in 5.95x8.75 rears dropped and killed drivers a while ago

Back