• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 How do you get to your airbox

Patdon10

This isn't a problem, more of a curiosity.

I dread changing the air filter on my 240, because it is such a pita to open the box up, stuff the filter in, then find a way to shut it. The last time I did it, I had to remove the plastic hose that leads from the air box to the amm, close the air filter then try to stuff that hose back in, cracking the sides in the process and putting a little hole in the screening to the AMM. There has to be an easier way to do it without struggling. What do you guys do? Do you remove the xylophone hose from the AMM to the Throttle body? I feel like that might give some more wiggle room.

Detatch the main pipe to the AMM, take the EGR hose off, and take at it with ease. If you try to shove, push or be impatient, your screw it up somehow. If its still too hard, unbolt it and take the whole airbox out. But yes, it as annoying.

There are clips on the side of the airbox that you have to unclip
lol, I dont think that's his issue.
As mentioned above:
I usually unscrew the AMM from it's fastening, also I unscrew the intake pipes, so it's easy to dis-assemble and re-assemble it.

It's kindof a PITA yes.. but it's not very hard, if you just dis-assemble the intake pipes on the airfilter side of the AMM.

Once you get a routine down, its cake:
Socket screw driver, 10mm socket, worm gear screwdriver (8mm i think)
Unplug AMM, unfasten it from its bracket (10mm bolt)
Undo the clamps forward of the AMM
Push AMM and accordion hose back, remove 60 degree hose (between AMM and box)
Open box, voila

Installation is reverse of removal :rofl:

If your engine compartment is rather dirty/greasy, greasy dirt will build up in the 2 tabs on bottom of airbox that the "lid" slips into. This can make it very difficult to reattach the lid,because the dirt takes up the space for tangs on lid to slip in place. If yours is like this,pull the whole airbox out and clean it thoroughly, inside and out, and "dig" that dirt out of lower tabs. This will make it easier from now on,when you change the filter. It is not a bad idea to clean out the inside of airbox, because it probably has never been clean out before. I have found leaves and pine needles,paper, and of course dirt in quite a few over the years.

i change my airfilter through the tailpipe, you guys sure have an easier method. thanx for the advice, next time i will do it that way

Like this??

106290347.jpg

Root about under the pile of junk in the corner of the shed.:-P

Seriously, I remember it being a fiddly thing.

Undo the airbox/throttle body pipe first IIRC

On the plus side, removing all the intake hoses during filter change allows you to clean/check for cracks and buildup.
Is a pita though. The airbox on our 240 gets pretty dirty, on the inside before filter, never hurts to wipe the inside down, pulling box makes it easier.

Back