• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

POP! Oh crap. Help Please!?

WagenSport

1990 760T --I was excited this morning i finally got the boost to what seemed like a good tune. Leaving the bank heading for my job interview however i gave it a good amount of throttle and POP! Sounded like a diaphram popped and then no power at boost. Will drive semi-fine until it gets right a 0psi then it just dies like a dog. My first though is maybe the CBV diaphram broke. It seems like its dumping off all the boost. When i hit "0" psi there is alot of air rushing. I checked all the hosing they all seem to be intact, at least what i could check on the side of the road. What would you guys think is the suspect, iam hoping to hit the junk yard today and get her back on the road. CBV diaphram, Wastegate diaphram, or do you think i destryoed the head gasket. Or is there something else that might destroy itself under 14 psi. I dont hear any bad engine noises, just sounds like the boost is all being dumped off. Every now and then too i seem to catch a whiff of fuel as if the engine is trying to add fuel as if the car was boosting. Let me know what you guys think. This is a crappy situation. Thanks in advance guys!

Haha, thank god i just went outside now that i had it off the side of the road and started following the boost hoses inspecting every inch, just tore a huge hole in the turbo to intercooler line. Really dry rotted anyways. Wow... what a relief. Thanks for the input anyways. My heart about stopped.

One time I drove 7 miles and the hoses popped off 9 times, home made hoses though.

I am glad I am not the only one here who has had this experience. My son's 780 with Turbo+ had an unlimited boost condition which gave me the the same "OH $H!T" reaction.

Yeah i was frightened. Only had this thing for a week. Ive been so impressed with how its held up with more boost. I was disappointed for a bit until it came to light that it was just the hose.

OKay wtf man?! I have been reading this thinking "man this is a Noobish question for Adrian". How come he is being so humorless? Then I see you made a bad attempt at stealing his .gif avatar:grrr:

home made hoses though.

+1
My intercooler to intake manifold hosing is a piece of hose from a volvo-penta motor, a piece of exhaust pipe with bicycle tire tube wrapped around it (so there is no air leaks), and the intake manifold hose from a 940 NA.

OKay wtf man?! I have been reading this thinking "man this is a Noobish question for Adrian". How come he is being so humorless? Then I see you made a bad attempt at stealing his .gif avatar:grrr:

I think your posting in the wrong thread... http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=128802

Been using it for years. Have a higher quality image on vwvortex and several other fourms i post on but turbo bricks only allows 7.0kb so i went to GIF, saving 20kb of space. I appreciate all the welcome being new to the Volvo scene by the way. Thanks.

I extend a hearty welcome WagenSport. Please excuse any negativity from members on this board who have nothing better to do than to bitch about your avatar :)

Thank you! Thus far i like this crowd far better then the VW people, despite such.

actually, you will find this crowd to be far better than any other forum people around, at least that is how i see it.

i mean these guys all donated and paid for my megasquirt controller, another guy built it and shipped it to me, i couldn't ask for a better crowd to do modifications around.

Back