• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Semi-gloss or Gloss?

Semi-gloss or gloss?

• Total voters

Tuff240

240 Ninja
Should I leave it semigloss or do it full gloss?

Hard to see the color on the body, the engine bay shots are more accurate.

36633918032_32a8e7346c_z.jpg

36664928261_f05276d87f_z.jpg

36664928521_1a54c82476_z.jpg

36664930131_8d7eec3bd0_z.jpg

Depends on the wheels. Bright silver or polished wheels? go with gloss. Dark wheels or natural as-cast finish wheels would look cool semi-gloss, in sort of an all-business, hardcore performance way.

But my vote is high gloss, so it's not mistaken for primer.

Depends on the wheels. Bright silver or polished wheels? go with gloss. Dark wheels or natural as-cast finish wheels would look cool semi-gloss, in sort of an all-business, hardcore performance way.

But my vote is high gloss, so it's not mistaken for primer.
Gloss black Style 42's.

35970234394_183fd0117d_z.jpg

Was going to say Gloss until I saw the wheels. Semi-gloss could be cool with the gloss wheels, but I'd be worried about getting tired of it.

Was going to say Gloss until I saw the wheels. Semi-gloss could be cool with the gloss wheels, but I'd be worried about getting tired of it.

Agree.
I'd roll one or two of those wheels under the car, stand back, take a look, drink a beer, take a longer look, get some opinions, take a few pictures, argue with people on the internet about their opinions, and then probably leave it semi-gloss.

I get his dilema. Its always when your doing something and it looks good before you finish and gets you wondering. Should I leave it? Finish it? But it looks cool now! Arrrgh. I painted an engine bay gray before putting the color on and wanted to leave it since it looked cool, like a racecar, lol.
Those wheels would look good with a semi gloss paint job though.

Back