• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B204GT

thats an interesting looking (B234F) manifold. (says the man with a B234F in a 240 without it). :wink: . i don't know why mine fits but it does.

[quote:81449a37c1]i don't know why mine fits but it does.[/quote:81449a37c1]

Don't forget....LHD cars have a brake booster and master cylinder to deal with..... Part of the reason I had so much fun fitting the BMW throttle body on my car....

yeah thats something i always forget about. i looked at my overhead pic and the mastercyl would pass straight thorugh the TB hose

large.jpg

Looks like the elbow in the pic above has a pretty good kink in it.... might just be the pic though.

I'm not sure what happened to my last post, but anyways I've been messing with some composite stuff but it's a huge pita to set it up for the cold start injector and other various "nipples" for the aux air valve and etc. so I may just stick with the updraft for now...

sorry to go OT

yeah thats one of the reasions i'm doing MS&EDIS (aswell as wanting to get rid of the dissy thats wrong and the strange plug order) on my 242, they fitted L-jet to it. but left out the idle control, cold start injector and O2 sensor,

but no it seems fine on the car, maybe when the engine rocks a bit it get compressed a little. i wouldn't ming rotating the engine a little to the right might make the gear shifter a bit easier to reach to. but the volvo parts dude says it looks more upright then in the 740's

Ya, it totally seems more upright. Do you have decent clearance between the hood and intake? I would almost be tempted to shim the intake side motor mount- ie sandwich some washers between the x-member and the mount so that it moves that mount up a little. A small change at the mount should yield a decent amount of movement at the top of the engine.

Thoughts?

clearance seems ok the motor sits so low down i can't get a fan shrould on the rad. so could do with some lifting. and once the dizzy is gone it wouldn't matter if it moved across the bit at the top

hmm maybe a little off topic

Hey ravennexus is that a stock b234f manifold wrapped with header wrap or some sort of aftermarket piece? I considered wrapping mine as the stock heat shiled has some cracks that look like head fatigue and header wrap makes power in lots of fun and interesting ways.
Thanks
James

enegine placement

Hey Raven .... does your 16v engine sit about where the b21/23/230 would sit ? Looking at your picture it looks a bit forward as you have room for the distributor. My 16v in my 240 sits about 1/2 inch fron the rear firewall thus no room at all for a dizzy. Is the tranny mount thae same 240 mount ???

thanks

Hey Oscar, can you email me, iadr@hotmail.com, with a measurement of the head to furthest point out, on a b204Gt intake manifold casting? I'm wondering how close it might be to working in a 142, upright, using a small diameter, shorter stem, 1800ES booster.

To answer both questions

no it?s not the stock exhaust manifold, it?s a custom 4-2-1 header.

And yeah I think it is a bit forwards, it?s on custom made engine mounts

In answer to the brake booster prob on LHD cars, why not move the booster and associated bits to the passenger side and activate it via a transverse bar in much the same way as Volvo did with RHD 140/160's (again that was to clear the intake/carbs).

That way would be in keeping with the car as it is probably what Volvo would have done if they offered the 16v in the 240 anyway!

Back