• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Why carbs are so great!!

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
burntmotorhome1.jpg

burntmotorhome2.jpg

burntmotorhome3.jpg

burntmotorhome4.jpg

I leave for 5 minutes yesterday and look what happens...

that sucks. i don't think it is the fault of the carb though, it may have been a starting point but save for a design flaw, 99% of the time engine fires are a direct result of poor maintenance.

Damn no good man. Just go grab some new plywood and seal it up, then get a trailer hitch on the front of it and tow it like a trailer with your 740.

It was the landlords motorhome and it had a new $1k fridge and new tires and new rebuilt motor. I was gone and he started it up to reposition it as it was parked at that bad angle and it died then he tried to start it back up and it did one of those sputter deals and I guess the carb started burning. He thinks the needle valve stuck open. Anyway the motor is right there next to the driver and underneath the doghouse so hard to tell, but if this happens one thing is try and start it up again right away and if it starts the motor will suck the flames into the motor and all will be good. I wasn't home when it happened of course. Nobody got hurt.

Plan now is to take the generator off the back as it's the only thing worth salvaging and then get it the **** out of here...

Fire dept is a mile away on the freeway and they where called right away and got there real quick, but man it burned real fast I guess. Remember I wasn't here. It really smells bad like burnt plastic and all that.
I have a motorhome, but it's the kind with the motor way out front, hippy style.

furthest1.jpg

All metal...
Simon

Last edited:
I still cant believe you have that simon. You are the luckiest man on earth.

It's not Kesey's bus, it's my 60 chev bus. Kesey's is a older international. I did do a recent motor swap on the old Further bus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_lvj9hgBi8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_lvj9hgBi8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also Kesey's old Further bus, there are actually two of them, the real old one and the newerish one that runs. Check out my youtube vids for more further bus vids. I put that Furthest name on the front of my bus as a joke for Gus as he's going to make the Kool-aid movie of the bus trip from Tom wolfs book and I had the bus parked at the time close to Gus' place on Sauvie's island so he'd see it when he'd drive by. It's at my house now. Hopefully I'll be working on the movie. It's what I went to school for and have done a bunch of in the past. I did work on Even Cowgirls get the Blues and I have a killer pic of Uma Thurman I took. I'll post it someday. The best story from that movie is at the end of it all we stayed at the Eagle Crest hotel deal over in central oregon and Uma and her brother said goodby to everyone and hopped in there rental and drove away, but wait the car stops and heads back in reverse and stops and Uma gets out and runs over to me and kisses me and then hops back in the car and drives away. The whole crew is there just staring at me like what the ?

Last edited:
Epic!

"Babbs and Kesey swaying, in a California graveyard, baying...."

It's not Kesey's bus, it's my 60 chev bus. Kesey's is a older international. I did do a recent motor swap on the old Further bus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_lvj9hgBi8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_lvj9hgBi8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also Kesey's old Further bus, there are actually two of them, the real old one and the newerish one that runs. Check out my youtube vids for more further bus vids. I put that Furthest name on the front of my bus as a joke for Gus as he's going to make the Kool-aid movie of the bus trip from Tom wolfs book and I had the bus parked at the time close to Gus' place on Sauvie's island so he'd see it when he'd drive by. It's at my house now. Hopefully I'll be working on the movie. It's what I went to school for and have done a bunch of in the past. I did work on Even Cowgirls get the Blues and I have a killer pic of Uma Thurman I took. I'll post it someday. The best story from that movie is at the end of it all we stayed at the Eagle Crest hotel deal over in central oregon and Uma and her brother said goodby to everyone and hopped in there rental and drove away, but wait the car stops and heads back in reverse and stops and Uma gets out and runs over to me and kisses me and then hops back in the car and drives away. The whole crew is there just staring at me like what the ?

Back