• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

350 Volvo.

wow, ok didnt realize so much hostility was here. my bad, i was just voicin my ideas. i guess this is why people hate online forums. bunch of know it all jackholes who have to bash everyones ideas instead of just informing them on the ups and downs of their decisions.

its not hostility, its a team effort to ensure you dont do something horrible to you car. and hopefully it worked.

still cant think of any up to a powerglided 350 chevy.

if your concerned about the 700R4 in any way, just get a trans temp gauge and/or huge thermostat controlled tranny cooler.

wow, ok didnt realize so much hostility was here. my bad, i was just voicin my ideas. i guess this is why people hate online forums. bunch of know it all jackholes who have to bash everyones ideas instead of just informing them on the ups and downs of their decisions.

You've been T-bricked buddy. :)
and yes, keep the 700r it's plenty, your rearend will explode and your tires will let go before it does.

very nice ride btw

well its got a HUGE trans cooloer and such, i wanted to get it rebuilt but its like 700 to get it rebuilt. it wont go into 4th hardly ever. im lookin for a manual valvebody rebuild too. i know the 700r4 is strong, but unless you build them up, they stop holding after about 400 hp. and i plan on making alot more than that.

its broke lol. trust me. unless you mean wait till bolts spew out, then now its not broke, but it slips REALLY bad, needs a new converter for sure, prolly just cheaper to rebuild it and replace the converter and flex plate

sooooooooooooooo your the guy who got the Two-Tone black and silver 240 V8 off craigslist here in jax......glad to see the car surfaced to the forums and now to watch the rebuild/build...

its broke lol. trust me. unless you mean wait till bolts spew out, then now its not broke, but it slips REALLY bad, needs a new converter for sure, prolly just cheaper to rebuild it and replace the converter and flex plate

lol, oh ok. well. 700r's got better over time, earlier ones aren't all that great, right-before gm went to the elctronic-control trans, they were very reliable. I would venture to say, try and find a used one. as you know, that "one-tire-fire" will keep happening no mater what trans you use, you have torque. then if you switch to a softer compound tire and go wider, to keep it from losing traction (dragracing doesn't happen without traction, im sure you know) the diff will give, then you will weld it, then your shafts will snap. you see where im going here, i would get the car moving again, and start considering rear-end options. you should really checkout a buildup by BigBegum on this board, his is the perfect example of what happens. and he was useing chevy o/d trans for a long time.

Last edited:

Don't pay too much attention to it ;-)

Lol give it a year you will be doing the same stuff. Its not hostility, its almost like we are forcing experience onto you. You just got this car, many people on here have been doing this stuff for years and years and years. If they make a mistake or regret a decision, its their job to make sure other people don't do the same thing or go down the same path. If you want to ignore everyone, then go for it! thats the cool part :)

good luck with this build ill be keeping an eye on it. :nod:

If you feel the need to go to a different trans, a long shaft TH350 will bolt right up, and you can use the driveshaft you already have.

Having driven many street cars with glides, I absolutely recommend at least a 3-speed TH350.

PM or call me if you have any questions- I have much experience.

flase on almost all accounts. carbs arnt easier to tune. efi can easily be a low buck swap. and blow thru setups compared to efi are just old and not nearly as efficiant!

I don't agree. I find carburetors to be easier to tune, because I have much more experience with them. And I think that's what the OP was saying.

Welcome to Turbobricks. This is one of the NICEST automotive forums I've been on, but it still requires thick skin.

I one TBer who has built an amazing car but barely posts about it, partially because of the attitude here. If you post be prepared for everyone to tell you you're doing it WRONG. Especially with a V8 Chevy swap... some people one here hate anything with a non-Volvo powertrain and the sad thing is even if you've got the nicest SBC swapped Volvo on the planet, someone will still tell you that it sucks because it shoulda been a Ford engine.

Best way to prove otherwise is to just do it, post pictures/dyno results/timeslips whatever. :)

M.

I don't agree. I find carburetors to be easier to tune, because I have much more experience with them. And I think that's what the OP was saying.

yeah but you only see half the tunning living in cali. we go from 110* to -30 get a carb working perfectly in these temps without constantly switching jets. then tell me which is easier... i win... also i have about 12 year of carb tunning behind my belt.

yeah but you only see half the tunning living in cali. we go from 110* to -30 get a carb working perfectly in these temps without constantly switching jets. then tell me which is easier... i win... also i have about 12 year of carb tunning behind my belt.

You win? Bitch, you live in Wisconsin. No matter what happens, you lose!

haha, but seriously, I know what you're saying. If I lived on hell I'd be running fuel injection on everything too.

soo, uptdating my potential plans, ive found a rebuild kit that pushes my power handling for the drive line to 650hp. it includes new full build 3rd member with locker, new aluminum drive shaft, and rebuild trans with new 12" lock up converter and 8 lb flex plate. shortly after that i have a new set of aluminum racing heads and cam on the way, and hopefully a full HEI ignition set. estimated numbers with said set up, aprox 400bhp and 433 lb/ft on crank, and about 360 to the wheels. should be interesting.

you will need a new rear end eventually soon. just keep that in mind. not like that hasn't been said already. a ford 8.8 has been done to a few cars here, and is documented enough to make it a relatively easy swap.

good luck man. looks like a fun car!

you will need a new rear end eventually soon. just keep that in mind. not like that hasn't been said already. a ford 8.8 has been done to a few cars here, and is documented enough to make it a relatively easy swap.

good luck man. looks like a fun car!

yeah, thats the 3rd member. basically the center section of it will be swapped for a GM 12 bolt and a 2.89 gear set.

Back