• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

eiker center cap

244ti

hello
I was wondering if any volvo center caps will properly fit the eiker wheels?
if so maybe a part number?
thanks

I don't think they are will fit. Do you happen to have a picture or the part number for that wheel so I can check into it for you?

The ones you want are from a gen 1 S40 or V40. Like so: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/6982/6w1008-volvo-alloy-wheel-center-cap-s40-v40

They don't fit perfect as in they can wiggle a bit in there, but they're solid enough to not go anywhere. Installed they look like so:

0401112017.jpg

Bumping this 8 year old thread... yikes! I ordered myself some OEM center caps from the link above through Ipd (PN # 30638643) but they are way too small. Like they won’t even sit in there.

Does anyone know the correct PN? Hoping to grab a set from the local dealer or Ipd again.

Thanks,
Sina

Bumping this 8 year old thread... yikes! I ordered myself some OEM center caps from the link above through Ipd (PN # 30638643) but they are way too small. Like they won?t even sit in there.

Does anyone know the correct PN? Hoping to grab a set from the local dealer or Ipd again.

Thanks,
Sina

After all these years you would think someone would just measure the center hole.

Here are some common Volvo caps with dimensions and what hole they fit. The one that DOESN'T fit is the middle one. If anyone can help add to this info, let me know.
https://www.prancingmoose.com/centercaps.html#commoncaps

And when you figure it out, don't be like all the others who figured it out who won't let the secret out. Come back here and offer some info.
Dave B

Came across this thread while researching for replacement caps or emblems. I recently bought a used set of Eikers that came with center caps number 3529610, which is the discontinued one that fits well. The logos are just faded on my set.

Eiker center bore I measured as 56mm

Center cap 3529610 also measures 56mm, and about 57.5mm across the retaining tabs. Metal Volvo emblem on front is 60mm

I said the best ones I found, not the best ones ever made. I don't think that any of them are perfect, but there are several that are usable. The ones mentioned above have stayed in the wheel for over a year now.

I went on ebay and found generic 60mm center caps. They were about $12/set shipped. Available in both silver and black, they have a hole in the middle, and a metal retaining ring on the back for tension. It looked like multiple sellers offering the same ones. The listing said the clips in the back were 58mm across, so it was worth a test. They actually fit really well. The first install seemed tight, so I removed the metal retaining ring and reinstalled. It would work with or without it. Looks like they would fit a 57mm or 58mm decal in the front since there is a lip around the edge. Time will tell if the plastic cracks quickly

Given I have a set of genuine beaten up Polaris wheels and the original UV damaged dirty crusty 3529610 caps, I thought I'd crack out the Mitutoyo dial calipers and put some EXACT sizes in this thread. Pics:

ETn-5cwU8AAYUVa

ETn-3aEUUAA-b4x

ETn-4f0U4AAWDdb

Cap:

Display section OD: 59.20mm
Spigot fit stepped OD: 58.65mm
Lowest OD between clip and face: 56.40mm

Accurate and repeatable to 0.01mm!

And the wheel, it was a bit trickier to measure, but I sacrificed my old cheap set of calipers for the cause:

EToAaWDUcAUeZfo

EToAbSOUMAAoupp

Pics of wheel measurements:

EToIAErVAAEBxz6

EToIBE8UUAEm9pI

Wheel cap bore sizing:

Outer ID: 59.00mm
Inner ID: 57.00mm

^ trickier to measure with junk tools and corrosion and paint/powder coating etc, but got there in the end. Plus/minus 0.1mm on those, though.

Also note that those figures are without paint/powder coating - I should measure another wheel with the coating still on it to see what the size is in that form - you can bet the caps are engineered to suit that. Actually, went out and tried to check and not much difference, or already worn off, or replaced with oxidation etc. Cap was a more snug fit before I cleaned the junk out of there. Oh well.

If Kurt NY mreaured the Eikers correctly then they're different to the genuine Polaris wheels or at least my measurements thereof, and actually a better fit for the V40/S40 ones.

Given the V40 style ones have an OD of 60 and a small taper behind that leading to the 55mm necked down section, and the spring clips look to be about 60 in their extended position, I'd say provided the depth is okay they'd work fine. To guarantee a snug fit inside the 57mm bore 1mm of plastic shim could be glued to each clip low section. OR you could have your bores machined up to suit the slightly larger caps. Side by side about as well as I can do without buying any yet:

EToL3ZgUwAA5hpl

Back