• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 rear windshield trim removal

240sleeper

my 940s rear windshield trim is cracked and bulging from years of heat and sun exposure. theres a 960 at the yard with nice trim and id like to swap it out. any info on how to pull this trim without destroying it as well as the proper way to install it?

Yes,

The method I learned from 15A works well; I just harvested a pair of late 9 series trim sets.

First, practice on a car you don't care about! Your old trim or boneyard beater. There are 15 total clips that retain the trim. Plan to purchase all new clips to do a proper job. I think there are 5 clips on each A pillar side. Once you know about where they are get a nice steel flat blade putty knife, say one inch wide. Insert from glassside under the trim and slide up till you hit the first one. Pull out the blade and square up the steel edge against the clip, and give it a good hit with a hammer (says 5# hit); this blow will break the plastic clip and a wiggle of the knife will confirm it is free of that clip. Continue up the A pillar until all 5 are broken. The corner pieces are tricky and lock into the top trim..... take care and pull gently to get those loose.

PM me and I'll give you the clip PN.

He's asking about the rear window, not the windshield.

It has been a long time since I removed one. I'll try to remember to look at a rear glass I have at my shop. If I remember correctly, the trim goes on the edge of the glass and is installed along with the glass, simultaneously. IOW, you are not gong to change the trim easily.

thanks for the replies. as 2manyturbos mentioned, Im wanting to replace the rear trim. if it does require the window to be removed, that sucks, as its tinted with ceramic tint that is far from cheap

I took a look at the two rear windows that I had pulled out of parts cars and that trim is definitely a U shapped channel that goes on the edge of the glass. It is installed with the glass simultaneously.

Back