• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

GAS EVERYWHERE! old fuel line gave out, have questions

brickunderpressure

So, obviously I need to replace the rubber fuel lines. Question is I dont have any manuals or diagrams for fuel system. Replaced the soft hose that connects from hard line on driverside firewall to fuel rail near FPR. Is that line the "return" line?
Next question, I need to replace the soft line that runs from the fuel rail down the frame of car to the fuel filter(fuel feed line to engine?). That hose needs to be completely replaced (or does it). The line has a rubber outer cover and a hard plastic inner hose. should I just splice some new hose to some fresh original hose or replace all of it. The hose I am refering to is the one that has these isolaters that keep the line off of the car. I am concerned about having to thread a new line threw these isolator grommet things that are probably as fragile as the hose.
any advice or suggestions would be greatly appriciated

It must be the season for this. (Mine)

I got frustrated with the lack of options and just went to the dealer. They were able to order a new line from the filter to the rail for $72. I haven't picked it up yet, so I'm not 100% sure that it is available, but they seemed to think it was no problem.

That is the way I'd go, since that is a long line under pressure. Others have successfully cut it and spliced in high pressure fuel hose though.

As for getting it back in the clips, I'm worried too. I guess I'll find out how that goes later today...

Replaced the soft hose that connects from hard line on driverside firewall to fuel rail near FPR. Is that line the "return" line?

Yes.

Next question, I need to replace the soft line that runs from the fuel rail down the frame of car to the fuel filter(fuel feed line to engine?). That hose needs to be completely replaced (or does it).

Yes, that is the main supply line. I would replace it with a used one, it's very easy to pull one off a parts car, the clips that hold it under the car are not difficult to work with. Not sure what car you are working on, we put a '93 940T engine in an 760 and had to change that hose to one from a 940 as the original was too short to use with the newer fuel rail, so might note where your fuel rail connection is in relation to the car you take it off of. Also the '95 940 hose is shorter than earilier 940s as they deleted the under car main pump.

Yesterday, I went to the hardware store and just spliced a 4 inch line where it was cracked near the rail. My current concern is that the barb fitting i used to splice choked down the line a little. Is that going to be a problem. I can not afford 80 for a fuel line from the dealer. I can get a braided stainless line made for that much money (optimal), but again come down to cost. My fix cost 4 dollars. the closest "junk" volvo is 45 min away and the car is not ready for that trip yet. Waiting on tires and alignment this weekend and parts from FCP on tuesday. I am going to call them and see if they can get the factory line.

Back