• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TurD

Car is totally fixed, back on the road. Drove it to a meet last night, can post some pictures from that if anyone has interest.

Got started on another project, making the bumper quick release, I know yes a 83-85 bumper comes off in a few minutes, but mine now comes off in about 10 seconds. Josh did most of the work here.

Setting up the 4 pin Deutsch connector.

Re-wiring the Hella's.

I love drilling more holes in the bumper.

Hood pins through the bumper and fender, studs sit in washers on the bumper shock.

We make a lot of trips to the hardware store.

John drove because Josh is crippled.

Volvos' on the way!

spotted a sweet subaru.

BEER:30

And now my car functions as a car and I can drive it every day, 10/10

EDIT: links got changed but im too lazy to repost all the pics from this section <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/noob-fraktion/embed/slideshow/Volvoz"></iframe>

DSC_0504_zpscc958191.jpg

this is how I ride around in my whip

DSC_0512_zps30c152ee.jpg

DSC_0519_zps3a11d326.jpg

E-Brake cables can be a pain

DSC_0520_zpsddf61f8a.jpg

My ass is filthy

DSC_0522_zps1f20cc4f.jpg

oooooh blue stuff

DSC_0523_zpscd0aceed.jpg

cleaning time

DSC_0527_zps7ab8b8d5.jpg

I had been cleaning out my interior for a good 30 minutes before I noticed Josh was painting my bumper

DSC_0533_zps6b714690.jpg

get outa here frigging paparazzi

DSC_0542_zps3060a773.jpg

I had a gauge cluster/charging issue

DSC_0540_zps44f90e18.jpg

DSC_0549_zps71dfa6e1.jpg

DSC_0554_zps92f36937.jpg

wow look at that ass

DSC_0562_zpsfb5119a4.jpg

new sticker slaps

DSC_0570_zpsf862c007.jpg

DSC_0578_zps42124438.jpg

DSC_0574_zpscdc02db6.jpg

DSC_0584_zpsb03cd3b0.jpg

I just nutted

Last edited:
DSC_0578_zps42124438.jpg

I just nutted
Me too. :omg:
All I need is the lock nut now. spent $25 on ebay and got the wrong one :grrr: too annoyed to try again

Wrong lock nut but right wheel cap plate? I'm going to phone one of the local wheel gurus we deal with and see if they're able to source some centre caps for me. Going to get my wheels repaired and refinished with them. :cool:

Looking good! What size rear springs do you have?

I think they are 8.5'', I may get a longer one because these are maxed out, I will probably lower it in the meantime but I'd like to be able to raise it up HIGH.

When is the megasquirt party?

I think a few more parties need to happen first, but that's probably the inevitable goal, doesn't seem terribly complicated.

Wrong lock nut but right wheel cap plate? I'm going to phone one of the local wheel gurus we deal with and see if they're able to source some centre caps for me. Going to get my wheels repaired and refinished with them. :cool:

Yep, have the cap plate and inner cap. Let me know if you can find an extra.

Found the caps, but my wheels apparently cost too much to salvage, but we'll see... I'll PM you more details as I get them.

I got another wheel cap, Pat hooked me up. While it is black and the same thread, it isn't as thick, though I think the look of it is actually better. I can get a pic later.

No big updates on the car. Fixed some issues here and there, new timing belt and tensioner the other night, distributor stop drilled out and messed with the base timing. The car ripped pretty good to 20psi but started to ping around the top of 3rd, so I have turned down the boostus a tad, shooting for a stable 18psi.

Hopefully replacing the water pump (o-ring leaks) and taking it to the drag strip this weekend.

Awesome! I got my wheels straightened up and just painted them myself. Also, wondering if you had a part number for the TSW logo cap that goes in the middle?

Back