• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

so I bought a 13c and a manifold

If you are 2.4 already just hit Mike up for the chips and save the hassle of buying and selling ecu's all month.

Chips to run an NA lh2.4 ecu with boost? I don't want to have to do much tuning right now I don't have thaaat much time..and I'm stupid. So I figured a stock turbo one would do the work for me..What ever is more cost effective is what I'm interested in.

(There's a second page to this thread, don't forget :) )

Last edited:
I'm going to try to keep my budget at ~$500.. alreadt have the turbo and manifold and oil return is drilled..so how is intercooler and piping and ecus.. I figure I can pick up the 2 lh2.4 turbo ecus for about $150, then sell mine for a similar price? Same with injectors..possibly

that figure included buying the car and a JY long block ;-)

Tlao chips will already have the tune and have adaptation included. All you will need is injectors really and you can even buy high-z ones and not bother with a resistor pack. It was mostly a suggestion really. Although you can leave out the resistor pack and run high-z injectors. Either way dont forget the resistors if going with factory turbo injection. Or that new brain be burned lol.

Tlao chips will already have the tune and have adaptation included. All you will need is injectors really and you can even buy high-z ones and not bother with a resistor pack. It was mostly a suggestion really. Although you can leave out the resistor pack and run high-z injectors. Either way dont forget the resistors if going with factory turbo injection. Or that new brain be burned lol.

So I've been told:D what would be a better choice, stock turbo injectors where I need to wire in resistor packs or injectors off of say an 850 turbo? Also do the 850's fit right in?

I would use the newer style ones from the 850T and a 3bar fuel regulator. They spray better and are a couple cc's bigger. You would end up with a powerful getter with the high compression block. My 740 is 10:1 with 14.5psi using a Holset and lh2.2. Your 2.4 would seriously take the setup you are going for.

Don't try to crank up the boost by manipulating the wastegate spring though. Use a manual boost controller. You T this in between the "coldside" npt nipple and the wastegate nipple.

Start out tightened up all the way, and move it up in half-clock rotation increments until you get the boost you want without going overboard (start with 10psi max.)

The 13c supposedly has superheating issues above about 13-14psi from what I've read. But if you start with an NPR intercooler you should be okay when that time comes (but don't try it without doing something with your fuel injectors first).

Where should I get the 3 bar fpr? If I went to AutoZone and told them I had a 940 turbo I assume I'd get the right one, but would it fit? Also if I left my stock fpr on there for now and started on stock boost would I run out of fuel? And okay I'll source some 850 injectors. Weird question here, when I look under the hood it looks like the PO had an injector replaced. 3 are yellow and one is Brown (wtf) should I be worried? The 3 yellow ones part number ends in 762, the brown one ends in 725

The yellow are factory 19lb/hr the other is probably close but Just get the new matching set. And the 13c will do a ton better with the coldside ported. It will help with the heat. As for the boost using a controller is a good idea. 5psi is a great level to have the turbo wastegate set to. If you have a b230ft fuel rail the autozone fpr will work fine. I have the same one for a 91 940T.

The yellow are factory 19lb/hr the other is probably close but Just get the new matching set. And the 13c will do a ton better with the coldside ported. It will help with the heat. As for the boost using a controller is a good idea. 5psi is a great level to have the turbo wastegate set to. If you have a b230ft fuel rail the autozone fpr will work fine. I have the same one for a 91 940T.

So just stick an auto zone turbo fpr on? And yeah I'm not sure how to go about porting the turbo..could you lead me in the right direction? I'd also like to pull the turbo apart and put new oil seals in..is that something people do? Lol

You can rebuild it but mostly if ther is no shaft play its probably fine and ready to roll. If you are going to rebuild it porting is a must in my book. Hot and cold side. With smoother airways less heat will build up and stress cracks are reduced.

You can rebuild it but mostly if ther is no shaft play its probably fine and ready to roll. If you are going to rebuild it porting is a must in my book. Hot and cold side. With smoother airways less heat will build up and stress cracks are reduced.

Alright, how does one go about porting a turbo? Lol and is it safe to pull the two sides apart and submerge them in a solution to clean them? Not the center part but the two halves.

You can submerge the whole thing. I use straight industrial decreaser and fill the bearing ports and all. Basically remove any obstruction in the flow path without touching the blade areas. I can text you some pics and such. I just finish an install of some porting for a customer.

You can submerge the whole thing. I use straight industrial decreaser and fill the bearing ports and all. Basically remove any obstruction in the flow path without touching the blade areas. I can text you some pics and such. I just finish an install of some porting for a customer.

Even the bearing portion can be submerged? That's crazy! Feel free to pm me if you want my number for sending pictures

the Holley adjustable fuel pressure regulator for a buick grand national is a direct bolt on to the fuel rail and only requires a 3/8 npt to barb fitting, i run that with buick gtp/pontiac ssei white bosch injectors, bypass the resistor pack on the driver side inner fender well and tlao chips, car handles everything awesome to 18psi so far.

HOLY ****! Just let the guy turbocharge his car!

Porting a turbo does NOTHING to improve performance.

Get a 3-bar fuel pressure regulator that fits the car.

It's not rocket science.

To the OP... don't you have any junkyards near you?

HOLY ****! Just let the guy turbocharge his car!

Porting a turbo does NOTHING to improve performance.

Get a 3-bar fuel pressure regulator that fits the car.

It's not rocket science.

To the OP... don't you have any junkyards near you?
Every junk yard I've called says they have nothing, I'll have to avidly drive out there some day I guess..

Back