• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Has anyone used Retro Turbo's camber plates?

I have recently been getting a clunk in the front which I really think is failing strut mounts. The rubber was all cracked and nasty looking back when I was throwing an angle grinder at my coils, which made 2 coils fall off. I would like to go OEM Volvo, but for around the same price as 2 stock rubber mounts, I can get RT's camber plates that are mild steel.

http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=volvo-240-260-series-performance-camber-plates-txr

Last edited:
So other than being made of different steel, is the CS one any better than the RT one? They both look like they have pillow ball bearings, but the CS has a bit more camber adjustment.

Ben's products all the way. You get parts that are engineered, not just created. Worth the money 100%.

I'm sure I'm going with Ben's coilovers with all the good things added onto them, just not at the moment since I have college and summer classes.

The way I look at it, is you can get two OEM rubber mounts for 165 off FCP, which I've heard in rumor have dropped in quality, or you can get Ben's for 185. Plus if you get coil overs later, I'm sure you can resell Ben's here on the forum.

And they make a huge difference. You wouldn't believe how much the stock upper mounts negatively affect handling.

I'm sure I'm going with Ben's coilovers with all the good things added onto them, just not at the moment since I have college and summer classes.

You can get Ben's mounts, use them in place of stock because they will outlast the replacement factory pieces, save up coin, buy Ben's coilovers and reuse the plates. Simple. I highly recommend them.

More caster gives more high speed straight ahead stability and a slower turn in. At low speeds it will cause higher steering effort. Volvo took advantage when adding power steering by using ball joints that added caster.

?For a street car, the first or third will be the best options.

For a race car, the second or third will be the best options.?

Why do you say this? Option 2 makes more sense in my mind for a street car because more caster is harder to steer. What am I missing? Cool variation of the Group A product, I?ll probably have to get some someday.

I like having more caster in these cars, it makes them more calm on the highway and it puts a nicer weight into the steering. If anyone has these and coilover springs, position 3 is the way to go unless you need max - camber then you can get a little more in position 2 before you start cutting.

The way I look at it, is you can get two OEM rubber mounts for 165 off FCP, which I've heard in rumor have dropped in quality, or you can get Ben's for 185.

It's not a rumor, it's a fact that the currently-supplied Volvo OE mounts are junk. I bought a set of the new crop and they began to split with zero mines on them. They were so bad that I took them out and returned them to the dealer and got a refund.

Get Ben's and you won't be disappointed.

I like having more caster in these cars, it makes them more calm on the highway and it puts a nicer weight into the steering. If anyone has these and coilover springs, position 3 is the way to go unless you need max - camber then you can get a little more in position 2 before you start cutting.

Ben,

what type of cutting is required (ballpark) to run position 2?

Back