• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone making good power with a b21ft (Kjet)?

Dynojet#'s

The numbers were for me. I dynoed it 3 times in 10 years at different stages on the same dyno. From automatic, stock intercooler and 2.5" muffler shop exhaust to what it is now. My main reasons were to look at afr's. Wanted to make sure it wasn't running too lean. Kjet doesn't have a knock sensor and I don't have a wide band.

I'm pretty sure i remember the details correctly: my stock B21ET block, 530 head, N/A K-jet manifold, A-cam, Pre-1990 exhaust manifold, stock T3 turbo, better intercooler and a 2,5 inch exhaust made about 170whp at 0.9 bar of boost pressure (might have been 0,8). And that was with k-jet.

Last edited:
Dynojet#'s

The numbers were for me. I dynoed it 3 times in 10 years at different stages on the same dyno. From automatic, stock intercooler and 2.5" muffler shop exhaust to what it is now. My main reasons were to look at afr's. Wanted to make sure it wasn't running too lean. Kjet doesn't have a knock sensor and I don't have a wide band.

Dynojet is the brand of dyno. It reads high.

Do you still have the dyno results from the other runs? Would be nice to see the progression of those changes.

Stock intercooled 240 Turbo is rated at 160hp at the crank at 10.5psi.
When doing rough bench racing about raising boost, 10hp per psi is generous, then you have the 20-30% drivetrain loss (probably closer to 20% with a t5).
NPR helps.
3" exhaust with ATP gate helps.
Cam helps.
Dynojet #'s help.

So it's starting to make more sense.

No modification to the fuel psi or distributor (ignition)?

I did 200/240 whp/tq on k jets at 18psi pinging like a mofo in 105? heat and a dying intank pump.
90+ manifold, stock t3 with atp style outlet, 3" exhaust, intercooler, b cam, 300k, e fan,

It seems that converting it to EFI will be a better route. I have a HP garrett wastegate thats good for 15psi that i was planning to run in the mean time. Car has a complete stage 0 and the fuel distributor has been rebuilt as well with new custom SS fuel lines from CSItech (reason for me wanting to upgrade the turbo with the current setup). Can I just run a 90+ manifold, bigger turbo like a 16t or 18t, and an FPR?

As far as other components go it has all the ipd goodies: t-rods,panhard, sways, springs, billy HD, etc).

My question is will be better in the long run to go MS over LH?

Back