home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 06-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
xactorocker
Board Member

Default Ipd Lowering

Hey y'all I'm just trying to find something fun to do to my 245 to give it a little more cool factor. what would y'all suggest. cam, Exhaust , lower. on the subject of lowering could any of you send me a photo of a 240 with the IPD lowering kit on stock rim's. thanks
xactorocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
GeneralBurrito
Board Member

Google is your friend, searching Volvo 240 on ipd springs will help you. And all you listed are the basic good mods. A cam and exhaust are good, if you lower with stiffer springs, best to upgrade your shocks too. Or you can get coilovers from BNE, still need strut/shock upgrades either way. There's also the full coilovers route with BCRacing coilovers.
GeneralBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #3
xactorocker
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBurrito View Post
Google is your friend, searching Volvo 240 on ipd springs will help you. And all you listed are the basic good mods. A cam and exhaust are good, if you lower with stiffer springs, best to upgrade your shocks too. Or you can get coilovers from BNE, still need strut/shock upgrades either way. There's also the full coilovers route with BCRacing coilovers.
thanks man was just checking my ideas.
xactorocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
twowheeledlife
Board Member

I went from my stock struts, shocks, and springs to the IPD lowering springs with Koni struts and shocks and it made a huge difference. Granted my setup was pretty blown out, the ride quality for me is much better, it looks cooler lowered, and it corners much better.
twowheeledlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
283SD
Board Member

I used the IPD lowering springs on my V8 wagon they built me a custom 1" rear bar {dual exhaust} and I run Koni's at all corners, once I dialed in the shocks it has been a dream to drive.
283SD is offline   Reply With Quote