• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ignition system for carburreted turbo B230

RS1

Which ignition setup should I use for my carburetted turboed engine? Breaker distributor with pressure retard (B19A or B21AT distributor) Breakerless system from B21ET? Any proven setups that will retard the ignition enough at 14.5 PSI?

Pressurized. I think I'going for a B21ET ignition system, breakerless.

go pull iginition module from an early vw 83-89 cis-e and use early breakerless volvo distributer with vacuum advance (flame suit on!).

What does the ingnition module from VW do that the module from the breakerless volvo system doesn't?

The distributor handles the timing via wheights and vacuum/pressure.

i think msd makes some pre-canned solutions for this sort of thing.

seems like an endevour that will have mediocre results at best by 2008 standards.

Hi guys! I want will do replica of b21at kit for my fun, but have question. What ignition distributor I can use? From b21et or B21ft, or both will working good with my b21a ignitor? Thanks for advice!

Hi guys! I want will do replica of b21at kit for my fun, but have question. What ignition distributor I can use? From b21et or B21ft, or both will working good with my b21a ignitor? Thanks for advice!

B21ET or B21FT inductive breakerless should work flawlessly.
You need the distributor with its vacuum advancer, and the control box, which sits between the battery and ignition coil, like on this picture:
turbo83-10.jpg

Thanks for info! I have same, but for b21a. I think for turbo needs another parts. Do you know part number for turbo ignition box?

Back