• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Holley Terminator X (GM 5.3)

MikeSr.

What, me worry?
300+ Club
Ok, so I got one. Installation was easy. Fired right up and idled smoothly. Very happy with the quality of the harness. Self tuning. Drove it around while it learned. Seems to be smoother at idle and throttle response is mo? better. I am happy!

I'm very mildly regretting buying that Goldbox a year and a half ago. But I'll work my way through the grief.

When you get more time on it give us a one on one experience with everything. I'd be willing to talk on the phone with your experience.

seems to be a great system for the money. Esp when you consider how much M$ stuff has gotten lately and the cloud of **** floating over that company in ga.

I shopped around and found a Jeg?s $75 off deal. $925 plus tax with free shipping. Megasquirt dealers are going to have to lower their prices or go out of business.
I really like that it has wbo2, fuses and a relay already wired in.

it's a lot easier to tune a standalone than it is to tune the stock pcm, esp for the average person. It's also usually easier to find a decent tuner for an aftermarket system than it is to find someone good with stock pcms, for the same reason.

To tune your own pcm, you're looking at probably $500 to get started, maybe more (gotta buy a wideband, gotta buy an interface for whatever software you're planning on using, usually you've gotta buy licenses at that point). Everyone says "just tune the stock computer" but if you've never messed with one before, the learning curve is quite steep, much much more so than most aftermarket systems.

it's a lot easier to tune a standalone than it is to tune the stock pcm, esp for the average person. It's also usually easier to find a decent tuner for an aftermarket system than it is to find someone good with stock pcms, for the same reason.

To tune your own pcm, you're looking at probably $500 to get started, maybe more (gotta buy a wideband, gotta buy an interface for whatever software you're planning on using, usually you've gotta buy licenses at that point). Everyone says "just tune the stock computer" but if you've never messed with one before, the learning curve is quite steep, much much more so than most aftermarket systems.

We found HP tuners to be a pain to tune unless you know what your doing. Having to pay a tuner every time you want to change something sucks. See how easy is to tune this makes this a easy sale to me in the future. I also like that this supports DBW

i ordered one too, sold my current performance harness and stock ecu. Harness is really nice, cant wait to get my 6.0/4l80 in the car!

We found HP tuners to be a pain to tune unless you know what your doing. Having to pay a tuner every time you want to change something sucks. See how easy is to tune this makes this a easy sale to me in the future. I also like that this supports DBW

yeah if you're starting from zero with the stock ecu there are maaaannnny potential pitfalls

While I respect everyone who can sort out all the problems with Megasquirt, wiring,etc. or HPTuners and I could do it myself, too- I don?t want to. The Holley is very straightforward and self tuning, so it?s perfect for me.

Back