• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Making the Brick Faster

I personally would swap to megasquirt if I was you. At the very least, I'd figure out some launch control scheme. That'll lower your 60 ft and make you way faster.

But I also agree with Kenny. Trapping at 97 mph makes me think you have a boost leak.

Typical..no a whisper of what gearbox ratios and final drive the car has...or any thoughts on optimising that..

Acc is about torque to the wheels.
Motor makes T torque, and it gets multiplied by first the gearbox then the final drive..

And everybody steadfastly ignores its rle in making for a quicker car.

Amazing.

If only we knew what the ratios are in the OEM boxes...

3300 stall converter with Aw72L trans
3.73 rear

John, you're slipping in your old age.

I'll get my 60 ft back down to 1.8 but looks like people have had better luck than me making their bricks turn better numbers still on the old LH2.4. I'll check on the boost leak but the car still holding 25psi at the throttle body to redline so it's holding quite a bit of boost.

You can make your targeted boost pressure and have a boost leak at the same time. I trapped at 111 mph my first time at the strip. Two weeks later I couldn't get above 106 mph. When I got home, I found a boost leak. I didn't see any problems on the boost gauge. The turbo will make what the wastegate tells it to make regardless.

1.8 would cut your et down, but that trap speed is abysmal for the mods/boost (which for the most part are fairly basic). unless something is waay off (like the cam timing being off a tooth), the setup should rip. being that it's a td04 turbo, with a t3 super 60 "esque" wheel (based on the inducer/exducer numbers). With that stall converter, you should actually have traction problems launching if you're giving it the whole stick

I was hoping the turbo was enough for this build. I like how it makes power at lower RPMs. I had a 46trim garret turbo with a .48 housing on my spirit rt and below 3000 RPMs it wasn't powerful. I got a lot invested in it and I'd rather not sell it.

turbo is probably alright, you need to start looking at things to ensure they are what you believe them to be

turbo is probably alright, you need to start looking at things to ensure they are what you believe them to be

That's where you guys have been helpful because there really isn't many people around me that knows these cars. I was thinking that this best I can do with my sum of parts. I'll look into all what has been said.

That's where you guys have been helpful because there really isn't many people around me that knows these cars. I was thinking that this best I can do with my sum of parts. I'll look into all what has been said.

nah that's not the best it'll do.

Yeah well what has the greatest effect on acc as the car gets going?
How do you thing nasty real Pro-stock drag cars would go if they had sky high axel ratios and overdrives in them---they'd be slow...

Torque gets you going. I'm sure the setup was optimized for smooth acceleration and mpg. Still people have had decent success with these aw transmissions with similar setups. Maybe it could be the next step for me to replace the transmission once I figure out why I'm not making the power. Though maybe I'm losing it from the transmission.

Last edited:
you're not losing that much through the box

edit: unless the box is smoked, but then it's fairly obvious what's going on. the aw's don't tolerate slip for very long at all.

Back