• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I love the way it looks now, but to have the option of one or the other would be shweet.

Hey it's your car so go for it. The swap-over would likely only take 10 minutes if you have halogen single rounds. If you ever do sell the grille that's in there now get a good price though since it's a relatively rare Aussie version.

Car looks good in your photos. Too low for the roads I drove but fine if it works for you.

Too bad that black GT ended up in the scrapper.

Hey it's your car so go for it. The swap-over would likely only take 10 minutes if you have halogen single rounds. If you ever do sell the grille that's in there now get a good price though since it's a relatively rare Aussie version.

Car looks good in your photos. Too low for the roads I drove but fine if it works for you.

Too bad that black GT ended up in the scrapper.

I dont think i'll ever get rid of the current setup, even if i did put something else on it, you just dont see anything like it around. The current ride hight is a good deterant for me, I've destroyed other good cars by taking them in the bush and seeing what they can do. This way i'm not tempted and the car remains relatively minty. Plus I like the way it looks at current ride height.

Hi All - This used to be my car but I sold it in 2013: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4429138642.html

I drive a XC70 now and haven't been keeping up with TB or 240's.

Just a note that when I sold it there were Bilstein's all around (<20k KM), IPD plug wires, I rebuilt the front seats, and the HELLA fogs probably have <15K km on them and a set of winters on steelies (2 seasons). Basically some goodies that she doesn't mention in the post (I assume she didn't part any of this out). There is pretty bad rust in the rear wheel wells and rocker panels and spots in other places. I have a good hunch its the wire harness that's at fault and responsible for the rough idle. For $650, this could be a great parts car and if desperate enough I'm sure you could get it for $500!

You vultures missed the black GT air dam.

Spotted in my driveway:
Black_GT_Chin_on_Snot_Rocket.jpg

The moss and algae cleaned off real well. That car was gross.

Looks pretty good on the wagon. Still need to drill the holes.
The front tow hook will have to be replaced also. It looks like
there are threaded holes in the passenger side bumper support for
a hook.

^ Looks good, and fine looking headlight guards you've got there.

Did you grab the air deflector bit too? If not I have the one that goes with these for $free.99.

^ Looks good, and fine looking headlight guards you've got there.

Did you grab the air deflector bit too? If not I have the one that goes with these for $free.99.

Thanks! The headlight shields really work.

I did get the air deflector thingy, even though I probably have one some where in the crawspace. Ralph wanted $9.99, but it was perfect.

Does that GT have anything left in the interior ? I'm thinking of heading over there today, I need the cluster.

The cluster was in there yesterday, but the plastic cover (lens?)
thingy was cracked. 220,000km or so, and of course a tach.

Much of the interior was still there, but it is pretty rough.
Looks like the car had been parked in the back forty for a decade
or so. Rodent feces and walnuts all through the engine bay. Moss
and algae growing all over.

Zoomspeed- is that your wagon I saw yesterday next to the Fridge?

M.

Last edited:
Back