• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No longer mom's grocery getter(1991 244)

could you get some more pics of the lower braces? I have a set, and just want a better idea of where they're going.

could you get some more pics of the lower braces? I have a set, and just want a better idea of where they're going.
There are already enough pictures of the IPD brace. Just look in my gallery, and expand the pictures to their full size. There are two holes in the car already, and then you have to drill the other two holes.
Maybe you have the same rattle as me...the little plate behind the headlight switch. For some reason mine wiggles.
Mine wiggles as well, but it's not what's rattling. Well, it could be one of the many things recently, but the main thing that bugs me is something internal somewhere, that I couldn't find even when I had the instrument cluster out of the car.

Its the only rattle on my car right now:grrr: I just wish there was a way to keep it from moving.

To find rattles inside the dash you really need to pull it apart and drive around with a buddy. The buddy will poke around and try to find it while you just make sure not to hit anything. DO NOT try this alone:-P

I can make it rattle by holding the rpm around 2700-3000rpm, where the engine creates the most resonance.

oh snap!
i forgot about your car.
nice ipd rims, would love to get my hands on those....not as much as pegs though... :D
still autotragic?
Yep, still auto, but I'm purchasing everything for the swap in the next week or two... :) Then I'll just need to figure out what I want to do to the flywheel before installing it in the car, and if I'll want to get a more aggressive clutch plate for it while I'm at it or not. Probably yes.

I have some KYB GR2 front shocks for a K2500 Suburban that I need to modify and install sometime soon as well. Hopefully they'll be softer than the Konis were, yet still stiffer than the Bilstein HDs. Either way, they only cost me 1/4 the total for the Konis... :-D

There's also my new wiper motor that's waiting for me to get around to installing it. The original makes noise and it's annoying.

Still "tracking" down a front spoiler as well.

Can I get one done up by you guys? I'm TOTALLY down for that. Would you need mine as a core?(shipping = spendy)

A cam is now straight up with the stock timing gear, alternator voltage is now adjustable and set at 14.4ish compared with 13.8ish, computers have been reset and are still learning, and I have fresh oil in the car. Once the computers are done learning and I'm satisfied with the AFRs they're giving me(I really liked where they were before I made these changes, I'm almost a tank in and I still don't like what I'm seeing), I'll toss it on the dyno for the last time before some changes that aren't so minor. Such as an m47 swap(parts are in the garage, Dale's short shifter and all!). After that, it's time to pull the head and re-install it after an undetermined amount of work with an MLS headgasket.

If I have time next weekend, I'll install the solid endlinks I got from Ben when he was in town, and do a write up while I install the Suburban shocks in the rear.

Your car's gonna be pretty wicked once you finish the manual swap man, I was impressed with it when you came down last year. Still need to slap a turbo on it though. :)

Once I've given it at least a half ass chance NA, I'll go turbo. :) I think I might be looking into getting RennyD's setup.

Heh, for some reason I never got the bump that you posted in here... Just now I saw your reply, and yeah, I guess I do have an update! :)

I'll make an official install article with a little more information later.

http://ovtuners.org/gallery2/v/members/klr142_001/MY244/burbshocks/

As for now, I love their combination of stiffness and ride. They're not quite as stiff as the Konis or the other crap I just had on there, but they definitely are stiff. They're just not obnoxiously bouncy from not compressing over bumps and such.

That being said, regarding the rest of the car, the AFRs at WOT have been learned back into being about 12.5 at redline, which is perfect in theory I could go back to the dyno now, but I'm going to wait until I install a new crank position sensor, as I wonder if mine is getting a bit sloppy. It's still the original one, and it's about time for it to fail regardless. Might as well pop a new on in and rely on the knowledge that my timing is as accurate as LH can make it. We'll see if it makes any difference. I'm holding off on that until after this month though, as I'm purchasing a townhouse in a couple weeks. Gotta recover from closing costs and what not. :)

After next month, I'll pop it on the dyno, get one last run down the drag strip in automatic form, then it's time to park it in my newly spacious garage for a manual transmission swap! w000! Gotta get a flywheel lightened and sent out to me first, among a couple other little things I still need to get. Most likely going to be running a sprung 6 puck with a stock pressure plate.

I'll update the first post with the car's current configuration, as it's a bit different from what it says it is now...

Last edited:
Nice man, congrats on the new place. When you having a housewarming party? Me and Britt are planning on taking a trip up that way sometime this summer, It'd be cool to hang out with all you OVT guys again.

I guess that's sort of a peak at the two tone of the interior as well. For some reason I was unable to get the little interior door pulls off of their levers so I could switch those to black and leave the little backing plates blue. :roll: I had an idea to further the two tone theme yesterday though, can't wait until the weather gets warmer to take it to that next step... :)

Kyle,
To get those pull handles off, I use a "door panel removal tool". It will fit underneath the plastic pull. Cradling the plastic pull in the tool, pull up. It's gonna take alot to get them off. I've had some pop right off and others take a lot of pressure. I remove the backing plate with the plastic pull, because the pull will only come up about 1/4". The car looking good.

Nice man, congrats on the new place. When you having a housewarming party? Me and Britt are planning on taking a trip up that way sometime this summer, It'd be cool to hang out with all you OVT guys again.
Heh, first time I've seen this too... Not sure when I'll have a housewarming party, but there'll be at least two of'm, one for the family and grandparents, and one for the friends... :) I'll keep you updated. If I don't have a second roommate by then you guys can probably stay at my place with a bedroom of your own... Haha, we'll see, but I'm hoping I'll have another roommate...
Kyle,
To get those pull handles off, I use a "door panel removal tool". It will fit underneath the plastic pull. Cradling the plastic pull in the tool, pull up. It's gonna take alot to get them off. I've had some pop right off and others take a lot of pressure. I remove the backing plate with the plastic pull, because the pull will only come up about 1/4". The car looking good.
Thanks Greg! I'll have to give it a try someday. I still need to purchase me one of those door panel remover tools, along with a bunch of other things missing from my tool selection. One day. :nod:

Back