• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

just wandered in

Bunks-Tj

...because i have a problem, I am in love with a 245

I don't know why, or what the catalyst even was but i started to need another, older car, that with my luck will only be semi reliable :)

my father had a 740 turbo wagon with the manual and it was a hell of a lot of fun to drive and was my main transportation in HS.

when it was time to get a car of my own i looked at and lusted over a 240 turbo, i honestly think it was a 2 door but wouldn't bet a pay check. I was in negotiations when it was stolen from me by someone with more money.

i landed in a (87) saab 900 3 door, followed by...
a manual (95) 4 runner
a manual (01) A4 1.8t
a manual (00) wrangler
a manual (02) 530 (unicorn)
toss a motorcycle in their someplace and that's the history.

my wife is currently driving a (07) jeep commander

while i split my time between a (99) MB 300 diesel (273K miles) and a (89)chevy single cab truck (673K miles)

i don't really know what my timeline will be for a volvo, but until that time i will sit back, read, learn, and continue to drool.

Liam

Welcome, and buy this, it should check all your boxes.

1983 245 turbo in PDX

01515_2xr5sfRLjiS_1200x900.jpg

:lol: I knew I'd get a 'wrong coast' out of you.

Pay your shipping it's cheaper than battling the rust monster that anything 'local' is going to have.

:lol: I knew I'd get a 'wrong coast' out of you.

Pay your shipping it's cheaper than battling the rust monster that anything 'local' is going to have.

Most native Virginia cars don't have rust problems. It's just outside the rust belt IMO.

Regardless even with shipping figured in that's a great price for a nice 245 Turbo.

:e-shrug:

Well that's absolutely true. Just pointing out that in general Virginia cars are in much better shape than upstate new York cars.

i love how active these boards are. there are so many sleepy forums out there. there is obviously a passion for these cars.

Regardless even with shipping figured in that's a great price for a nice 245 Turbo.

:e-shrug:

Horseisht... no better way to get to know a new ride. And that's a great 'friend' price.

It'll make it. :nod:

not knocking the price. Unfortunately, in my timeline I am still at the drool phase.

Last edited:
Welcome!
Theres a ton of DC people. I'm sure you can find something decent locally.

even if it landed in my lap today i would have to politely decline. I am in the learning and envy phase at the moment. We sold out townhouse this AM, and are moving next month, but i will have a garage at the new house....

Last edited:
even if it landed in my lap today i would have to politely decline. I am in the learning and envy phase at the moment. We sold out townhouse this AM, and are moving next month, but i will have a garage at the new house....

This is smart. Wait and have your cash ready when the right one pops up. The good ones at steal prices go fast.

Back