• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Slammed to lifted 740 wagon

So what's the most I could get away with on a 244? I'm constrained by no more than 2" larger rolling diameter than the largest optional wheel/tyre combo.

I'm looking at 215/75R16's, which work out at 27", only 2 1/8" bigger, so they may not notice... How much work would need to be done to get them under? Stiffer springs or a bit more work?

Here it is with the 30's. I've gotta get the other two soon. They fit without spacers surprisingly.

7974851809_0fa52f0167_b.jpg

The above posts have made me want to get this thing cooler. Buying tires now.

Haha yeah a couple years ago. Lances EF was rad and I had just learned to freestyle somewhat. I picked that song out of the blue not knowing it was instrumental.

funny, i just remembered running across that vid on vimeo a few years ago and when i saw your name on the pic of Dan's car, I knew it had to be the same damn person.

I've been trying to figure out how to make this long travel somehow. It appears that 740's and 95+ 960's share the same ball joint. This means that I should be able to use a 960 knuckle and hub assembly on my car. I'd have to figure out the tie rod ends. Then I was thinking about using a wrx front strut or coil over mounted to the 960 knuckle or a long travel fox coil over up front with a fabbed mounting point on top and bottom. I want 10" of travel all around. I'd have to fab lower control arms as well. I want to complete this before the year is up. Any ideas guys? Other than buy a long arm jeep haha.

I've been trying to figure out how to make this long travel somehow. It appears that 740's and 95+ 960's share the same ball joint. This means that I should be able to use a 960 knuckle and hub assembly on my car. I'd have to figure out the tie rod ends. Then I was thinking about using a wrx front strut or coil over mounted to the 960 knuckle or a long travel fox coil over up front with a fabbed mounting point on top and bottom. I want 10" of travel all around. I'd have to fab lower control arms as well. I want to complete this before the year is up. Any ideas guys? Other than buy a long arm jeep haha.

I've been thinking about longer travel but rebuild the front completely with custom made linkage. Have been looking at those Stadium Super Trucks for inspiration but I have no garage or workshop so it's a bit to big of a project doing out in the dirt under the blue sky.

I've been thinking about longer travel but rebuild the front completely with custom made linkage. Have been looking at those Stadium Super Trucks for inspiration but I have no garage or workshop so it's a bit to big of a project doing out in the dirt under the blue sky.

I know what you mean. I wanted to do a ford style trailing arm since it seems to work well. I don't know how the steering would work but it would be a good way to get a lot of travel out of the front. A four link in the rear would be a piece of cake. The rally anarchy guys get 10" out of the rear pretty easily. I'd love a prerunner 740.

Sweet. That's the direction I like to see. I'd like to do that with my 940 because its already a fun off- reader. And not too nice. I also have a blown head gasket Ranger 4X4 short box that would like to donate parts. I thought about just putting the 940 on the Ranger but that's sorta white- trashy.

May be getting a new set of 235/75R15's on the rig today. I discovered (as suspected) Sunday that my gland nuts were a bit loose causing some clunking up front. Put some grunt on them and now it is much better. It is very fun to drive now as I am getting to the point where I am not afraid of breaking it. And it cruises around 80 on the highway quite nicely. I'll update this if/when the tire deal goes through today.

Well somehow I find the stupid deals. Grabbed a set of brand new 235/75R15 Wranglers for $154 out of pocket. Found someone that bought my set of used 30" tires for $300 for his Montero. The same tires I got with the Canyon wheels for $124. :cool:

Now if only I could find the same kind of deal on a corner lens....

picture.php

So, is it just the three of us then?? :lol:

Does a 245 count? I've got a small ~1.5" lift with some 195/75/14s. It's actually in need of new front struts at the moment, and when I do them it'll be pretty tempting to cut those strut tubes/raise the spring perch.

It's proved pretty capable as-is though, but the other day I finally found out that I need a G80 in there bad. Once I get a little more cash one will go in with 3.73s to replace the 4.10s it has now. I've even got 3 big rally lights too, I'm just waiting until I get the time to make up a bracket/run wiring for them.

Last edited:
I finally got my 30's on. I've been doing some serious research on long travel front end. I think I'm on to something. If anyone has relative pictures post em up!

2a380b049c7211e2a5e422000aaa08f8_6.jpg

Back