• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.2 injector swap. T5 blues....

wagonfan00

#tiltyplategang
So I was reading the article for the LH2.2 injector swap and first it reads that you need to put resistors in line at the AMM...then later goes back against that...I was wondering if anyone has done this swap...using T5 blue injectors on a LH2.2 and how they set it up. I have a 88 745T..stock AMM. Did you use the resistors? If not was the adjustment at the AMM enough? I posted in the article as well but i thought people would be reading here more often...thanks!!!

240/5=48 HP per injector x 4 cylinders in your car is almost the same as what your current injectors are capable of. If they're hi impedance you won't need the resistor pack, measure one with a meter, 2-4 ohms = low impedance, >12 ohms high resistance.

240/5=48 HP per injector x 4 cylinders in your car is almost the same as what your current injectors are capable of. If they're hi impedance you won't need the resistor pack, measure one with a meter, 2-4 ohms = low impedance, >12 ohms high resistance.

The blues have a higher flow than the stock injectors...also a better spray pattern and aren't 248k old lol I need to buy a meter and the tool to adjust the AMM as well. Just looking for anyone else's experience

Error made...they were the white 850R injectors...they are high impedance as well. so no resistor pack...might have to adjust the AMM. AFR readout will be next....

Thats not how you calculate injector size.

Blues are 347cc and should be good to 300bhp in 5 cylinder world. So by previously stated logic that would be around 60hp per cylinder or 240hp for the 4 popper. But whatever.

Blues are 347cc and should be good to 300bhp in 5 cylinder world. So by previously stated logic that would be around 60hp per cylinder or 240hp for the 4 popper. But whatever.

Witchhunter calculator says 398'cc/min for 300hp from a 5 cylinder at 80% duty cycle. 347cc/min are good for 265hp. 265/5*4 = 212 HP for a 4 pot if you can trick lh2.2 into maximizing them. I was pretty much maxed out on brown tops on lh2.2 which deliver 367cc/min and made 206 to the wheels through a T5.

Blue might be okay. My Lemons race car has 2.2 and whites, and with a 13c and 10 psi it's a tad rich [mid 10's] at full boost but I'm okay with that for reliability reasons.

Blue might be okay. My Lemons race car has 2.2 and whites, and with a 13c and 10 psi it's a tad rich [mid 10's] at full boost but I'm okay with that for reliability reasons.

Blue and whites are same fuel flow, 347cc at 3bar and 395cc at 4bar. 1999 and later cars get blues with 4 bar fuel pressure while whites came on 1998 and earlier with only 3 bar.

I'm going to bypass the resistor pack tonight. Hopefully wont require too much fiddling with the AMM adjustment screw....LH2.2 car....I don't have a AFR read out just yet (will be swapping turbos and didnt want to weld a bung into the existing DP that I'm going to have to replace anyway)...anyone have a set up they find safe for a LH2.2 car with the p80 white injectors and stock turbo? I plan on leaving the car in the 13-15psi range where it currently is...just wanted to make sure before doing so...I assuming it is safe as it is what I'm running the stock system at but ya never know sometimes

my experience with swapping 0 280 150 934 4 hole cross-stream injectors (30 lbs/hr, 330 cc/min) from a supercharged Buick V6 into my 88 765 with B230FT and LH 2.2 resulted in swapping in a 2.5 Bar fuel pressure regulator and coolant temp sensor from a BMW 318 or 320.

With 3.0 Bar FPR it was nearly impossible to adjust the AMM to get the test LED to turn on and off as it should. The AMM adjustment was nearly out of range at less than 100 ohms between the terminals of the AMM with the harness unplugged. Starting point should be 380 ohms.

BMW FPR lowered the fuel pressure allowing the AMM to be adjusted. The BMW temp sensor allowed a smoother idle and better power.

Lesson learned: LH 2.2 is sensitive to injector changes.

If what reading is correct the blue injectors are Bosch 0 280 155 830
363 cc/min, 35 lbs/hr at 3 Bar.

Last edited:
Back