• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 performance cam instal/adjust

Raimis760t

Hi, i have instaled KL-Racing T2 cam in my b230ft.
Cam specs:
11.3lift in/ex, 280 duration.
In Kl racing shop i see, that this cam need to be instaled at 2.5mm lift at TDC. Now i am doing that, but thats it 10 degres advancing my cam gear.
Can someone giv some advices?

How many teeth are on the cam gear?
When you're talking 10deg, is that at the cam or the crankshaft?

Thanks, just making sure I understood you correctly :)
Advancing the cam by skipping a tooth will gain you about 10deg (9.47 if we're getting technical), which you can do. That's just 20deg of advance when it's referenced to the crank, which is a metric f-tonne.

Give it a shot, and then re-time the cam to stock specs and see how it does power wise if you're not pleased.

Yes, lach caps instaled. Bought cam/lach caps/cam gear from KL racing.
17238638_1382131498513807_2049905002_n.jpg

17269853_1382131521847138_440875947_o.jpg

17270482_1382131651847125_231595415_n.jpg

P_20170314_175129.jpg

P_20170314_175043.jpg

Last edited:
I have, just not on a Volvo. It's a way to double check the cam specs and make sure it's timed properly.

Since I didn't see a degree wheel in the photo, I didn't comment.

True.
TDC is nice since you can approximately go off the timing marks and be within a few degrees. Or shove a screw driver or some welding rod into the plug hole and "feel" for TDC. I'm still amazed as how accurately you can do that.

TDC i "found" from plug hole, yes i understand that few degrees is off. But then i set a cam at 2.5mm lift, the tdc mark is way off.. And if i try to set TDC with cam gear, it equals~10 degres advace at cam gear.

OR set it straight up (stock timing), go dyno it. Then set it about 10deg advance with your cam gear and then dyno it again, maybe try it at 5deg advance too. Choose the best setting and live in peace.

wrote to KL racing, no answers.. waiting
tomorow ill borrow degree wheel for correct measurement.
i tryed to drive on 0 degre on camgear, no torque in low end, after 4000rpm runs great. then i loked at kl racing website about cam lift on TDC, and saw that the cam is much retarded from that number, and now i want to "solve" this question :roll:

at 0 degrees on cam, no torque in low end, hi revs very good. But then i turned the camgear 4-6 degrees advance - torque came back in low revs and hi revs is very good. waiting for dyno in the end of this week :)

It?s probably about 4-5 degrees advance at crank, but you have to dyno it to get it perfect.

A half deeegre to much advance and you loose more than, than you would gain if it is set right.

Try with a little more advance than a half tooth at cam wheel, its likely a bit to much, then decrease from there till the engine runs smooth as possible from idle.

Back