• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Should I go lower?

No lower by cutting springs. If you want to go lower, it's time to come up with some cheese and buy a real suspension.

The car is rusting out, needs a paint job, running on steelies, and you want him to drop scrill to make it lower?

Just cut the damn springs more.

Ya know.. There is no benefit to cutting the springs like that, It doesn't improve handling or ride. It's purely cosmetic. Now The car is rusty and getting rustier and running on mismatched steelies. I'm having a little trouble with the logic.

No offence Marshall. I've lowered rustier cars than that, but with lowering springs and other supporting mods. Rusty wagons rock!

Cut that ****, this ain't a Benz forum.

Jeez sorry... I forgot where I was.

if the rust runs too deep, i wouldn't even bother fixing it. roll it rat rod style, or find a clean shell.

Ya know.. There is no benefit to cutting the springs like that, It doesn't improve handling or ride. It's purely cosmetic. Now The car is rusty and getting rustier and running on mismatched steelies. I'm having a little trouble with the logic.

No offence Marshall. I've lowered rustier cars than that, but with lowering springs and other supporting mods. Rusty wagons rock!

I just have a real issue with cutting stock springs...

:lol: @ "lowering springs" being "real suspension." Let me guess, ZOMG IPD BARS too?

:e-shrug:
Kids just wanna have fun :nod:

Holy ****! how did you know?

So 3.5 coils it is guys?

Last edited:
Back