• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ebay intercooler install pics!(request)

F1reBird

uo ƃuıoƃ sʇɐɥʍ
lets see em!

mainly i'm looking for ebay intercoolers installed in the STOCK location ( between the evap and radiator) thinking about getting a 31x12x3 for the 760 but i wanna see how some of you guys installed/ fitted it.

tia

31x12x3 wont fit in the stock location without alot of cutting ,the 24x12x3 fit damn near perfect with only a little modification of the top bracket on the oil cooler for me, sorry no pics of the install tho :(

I have the 31" wide (total) installed in my 744. I had to cut some stuff out to get it to fit, but if you have a 90+ or have a skinny efan this is unnecessary. Pics at www.eric-o.com under 744.

"stock" location:roll::
IMG_3698.jpg

elijahstanding.jpg

I want to get an eBay IC, but I don't want to hack apart my bumper for a FMIC or have it like that ^ , that is, not fitting pretty.

+1

i thought there was one that was basically a drop in, with the exception of moving the oil cooler to the side a bit. :e-shrug:

i want to keep my none working crappy A/C evaporator tho

LOL my friend bought that same exact plastic bend thing with plastic clamps that you are using as an intake Matt, I was just giving him **** for it the other day :rofl:

Just get one and shove it in there. Its not going to be any easier by looking at millions of bad pictures on Turbobricks. The best way to learn is to jump in and do it with something like this. Its just a matter of actually getting it in there. Not everyone one of us is going to mount it exactly the same, so its difficult to make any real "instructions" on how to do this.

thnx for the pics matt.. i'm wondering.. did the radiator move back at all due to the install?

i still have a clutch fan so im kinda worried about clearance if it did move back. (i have an e-fan in the garage..but stupid me didn't friggin take the relay with the friggin efan when i pulled it from a JY 940)

my pics are of a 4inch, not a 3 inch. and it only moves the radiator back perhaps an inch an inch to inch and half. but to each their own! npr is a direct drop in or near enough and you can certainly buy it on ebay;-)

i thought there was one that was basically a drop in, with the exception of moving the oil cooler to the side a bit.
the 24x12x3 (18" core) fit damn near perfect with only a little modification of the top bracket on the oil cooler

Back