• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Firewall Panel Sealing Tape

t8fanning

8v are still cool, right?
Has anyone found an exact or good copy of the foam tape used to seal the 240 firewall panel and shown below?

WKlsjsCl.jpg

McMaster might have some buna foam tape that will work. They carry a surprising amount of foam sheets as well.

Also, look into Gasket Specialties in Portland. They do water jet cut foam (and a bunch of other stuff). We use them for custom gaskets (paper, foam, rubber) all the time.

McMaster might have some buna foam tape that will work. They carry a surprising amount of foam sheets as well. ....

McMaster was my thought too, but after browsing through their many strip and sheet thickness and material choices I couldn't find one item that was TB priced. Faced with the OP's challenge I guess I'd cave and go with RTV applied sparingly.

Factory 240Turbo Heat-shield set w/many heat-shields for the DP & internally ceramic coated DP?

That said, they make various thickness tapes for high-temp wiring passing thru flanges like the 240 removable firewall panels?

Failing that, high temp version of EPDM pond liner & exacto-knife w/spray glue or get them cut according to the 240 pattern? Group buy on TB in 2022? :rofl:

B280, SBC or SBF conversion? Thought turbo redblocks passe/defective ex/B21F(E)T (same difference, mechanically engine-wise (just management, wastegate pressure & sans cat/02 sensor)) (restore it to socks?), u no herd?

Last edited:
Back