• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BMW Style 5's on a 240

Yeah, now that I know those exist, I agree. But I'm guessing those are even more rare than Multi-Xs.

Modding a Volvo via NLA, junkyard and 2nd/3rd/5th hand parts is an exercise in patience that may take years. Welcome to the fold.

:uh:

Adapters are cheap, and finding a good wheel shop is difficult and expensive when you do.

It cost me 120$ to have 5 wheels drilled with a dual pattern so my style 5s will fit my BMW or my Volvo.

It might not be as hard as you think to find a local machinist to it.

Cheaper than adapter, no offset issues, and easier to work with. Nevermind less weight.

It cost me 120$ to have 5 wheels drilled with a dual pattern so my style 5s will fit my BMW or my Volvo.

It might not be as hard as you think to find a local machinist to it.

Cheaper than adapter, no offset issues, and easier to work with. Nevermind less weight.

Sounds good to me. Motorsport Tech wants $280 for the adapters, which may or may not also cause me to have to trim my inner fenders, etc to get them to fit. Seems like it makes more sense to me to get them re-drilled if practical (I wasn't sure if going from 5x120 to 5x108 would leave enough room around the center or not) and then throw whatever size spacer you want on there to make it look right. It would be cool to have a dual pattern except I'm pretty sure the Style 5's won't clear the brakes on my e46 :lol:

I think the challenge is going to be finding a local machine shop willing to do it.

~+0 on Style 5s

DPOI9bV.jpg

Everyone has opinions on looks, but I think flush is the way to go regardless of how you get there.

Will you have to roll fenders? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

That looks great :cool:

His setup is 17x8 et20 with 20mm adapters making his effective offset ~0. If you want to be that flush with your 15x7s you can run wider adapters to offset the narrower wheel. Theoretically you could run ~33mm adapters to get heckaflushed with rolled/cut lips like Stick70.

Play around with the numbers:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Correct me if I'm wrong folks.

I still feel it's too much work to fit 15s and that a patient wanted ad for MSW's would be a better bet. Or get a set of wheels worth spending the cash money to adapt...

His setup is 17x8 et20 with 20mm adapters making his effective offset ~0. If you want to be that flush with your 15x7s you can run wider adapters to offset the narrower wheel. Theoretically you could run ~33mm adapters to get heckaflushed with rolled/cut lips like Stick70.

Play around with the numbers:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Correct me if I'm wrong folks.

I still feel it's too much work to fit 15s and that a patient wanted ad for MSW's would be a better bet. Or get a set of wheels worth spending the cash money to adapt...

Yeah, he has the nicer, larger 2-piece Style 5s it looks like. I don't expect to get that flush with 15x7 without spacers. I personally prefer a smaller wheel on a old car so a 15" is fine with me.

At this point I would settle for just getting these bastards mounted on the car, and figure out the stance later. I'm worried that 25mm of adapter is going to rub and make it more effort than it's worth. On the other hand, I've been calling around all day trying to find a shop that can re-drill my wheels to 5x108 and so far they are all completely useless. If only I had $20k for a CNC mill so I could just do it myself :lol:

Last edited:
Why not get a set of Style 5 BBS RC040 with ET41?
They are identical to Style 5 RC090's (both 17") only the lip is a bit smaller.
ET41, so 25mm adapters should do the trick right?

BBS RC040:

CmDDCVgamySq.JPG

I recently got a great deal on a set of BMW Style 5's (5x120, 15x7, ET20) and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how to get them to fit on my 240 wagon.

I've been e-mailing with Motorsport Tech and they say that they could make a 19mm or 25mm 5x120 to 5x108 adapter, but I'm worried that the tires will rub if I run that much spacer. Would it be a better option to try to fill and re-drill the BMW wheels to 5x108? Anyone have experience getting these to fit? Thanks!

Marv has some nice fancybutt 108 / RWD wheels in for sale for probably less than a re-drill if you can find a qualified shop to do it.

I PMed him about those, I have a feeling shipping might be way too much though.

I bought these e34 Style 5s because they were cheap and local and didn't anticipate having so much trouble trying to find someone to re-drill them.

Why not get a set of Style 5 BBS RC040 with ET41?
They are identical to Style 5 RC090's (both 17") only the lip is a bit smaller.
ET41, so 25mm adapters should do the trick right?

BBS RC040:

CmDDCVgamySq.JPG

They're harder to find, but here's my old 740 on some NOS RC040s I found:

36356283874_0a377be626_b.jpg
[/url]DSC06595 by D H, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm a fan of having enough offset to adapt things exactly where I want them F I T M E N T wise.

I PMed him about those, I have a feeling shipping might be way too much though.

I bought these e34 Style 5s because they were cheap and local and didn't anticipate having so much trouble trying to find someone to re-drill them.

Should only be ~ $100, about on par with your mount and balance when you do buy tires, I don't see a problem.

That said a re-drill here is $125 each at the one shop that won't screw up your wheels...

Back