• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 injector relay connector pains

jet_brick

we all know the injector relay on the driver side shock tower can be a huge pain.
It has been the #1 source of running issues on my 91 740 Turbo. The female connectors came loose / corroded, and the weird wax insulating material eventually hardens and falls apart.
anyway I found some decent female connectors to attach more directly to the relay, but they seem to conduct differently- the car idles a lot smoother, but also the fuel pressure seems to be a little higher than usual- these are nice because they have one crimp end and one female connector end, which is insulated to prevent shorting. Anyone have any similar fixes?

thanks

what a crap setup from factory- ridiculous, and the shorting can lead to a fire in no time. If the pins don't seat well, it lends itself to all types of running headaches. I would recommend everyone replace the stock connectors- my car runs completely better now... all because of a stinking relay that has caused many hours of rewiring/troubleshooting, bleh

Back