• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 940 Plate

Matt

ICY HOT STUNTA
So, anyone know where one can get an "auto show" style plate for a Volvo 940? I'm talking about the usually gray ones on the front of cars at an auto show that say the model name, like these:
orig_Volvo_940.jpg

6ceb97076bd1072d4da7365ff9f4d48b.jpg

1993-volvo-940-manual.jpg

If anyone can point me in a direction to where I could find one, that would be great.

I had a "SCIROCCO" dealer room plate a few years back. VW ones go for about $50 bucks, so don't shell out an arm and a leg.

Man, those pictures make me wish these cars weren't 17+ years old and so hard to find in good shape.

Mine were found at a dealership that was getting rid of them. The 122s ones are painted metal but the newer ones are all thick cardstock printed and then laminated. I do not have anything as new as a 940, so they may have changed them for those.
Any of them you find in the US will be roughly sized the same as a US plate. So you may want to search europe or make your own.

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

ipd09-15.jpg

Take 940 emblem, glue to a flat piece of painted aluminum and be done with it?

Back