• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

The front-end, clearly. :lol:

large_264589-2704731.jpg

Very cool, but looks like it would be a bit short on fun factor, plus:

"looking for a candidate for easy restoration"- not really looking for a project!

But thanks for thinking of me:-P

Recently tempted by a C43T...
...and an E300T turbo diesel...
...and an Alpina B3 wagon...

That is awesome. We really need a meet soon! Maybe we can crash on of those mega Thursday night meets again at Market Crossing.

I got my ball joints in, so I can drive now...to buy more motor oil until we're free at the shop to do my rear main seal. T_T

Very cool, but looks like it would be a bit short on fun factor, plus:

"looking for a candidate for easy restoration"- not really looking for a project!

But thanks for thinking of me:-P

Recently tempted by a C43T...
...and an E300T turbo diesel...
...and an Alpina B3 wagon...

Only resto requirement seemed to be paint really. It was running, aircared, and insured so not a typical rusty non-runner 'resto'.

Agreed on the lack of fun though. A little less power & a little more weight than a NA 240, and automatic. These have a huge load rating, so seems like the best use would be hauling heavy loads on bumpy roads, but that's not something I ever really need to do. Maybe a support vehicle for vintage rallying? Not really in the same league as what's been tempting you, that's for sure.

That is awesome. We really need a meet soon! Maybe we can crash on of those mega Thursday night meets again at Market Crossing.

Of course someone did get shanked at the megameet last Thursday...

I'll be at my mini-meet this Thurs. 8:30-10 at the Starbucks at Ironwood Mall in Richmond (Steveston Hwy at 5 road). Can't park right in front of the Starbucks so just to the side. If it's freezing as forecast we'll be hiding out inside.

Of course someone did get shanked at the megameet last Thursday...

I'll be at my mini-meet this Thurs. 8:30-10 at the Starbucks at Ironwood Mall in Richmond (Steveston Hwy at 5 road). Can't park right in front of the Starbucks so just to the side. If it's freezing as forecast we'll be hiding out inside.

Whoa, that's news to me! Stay classy, Burnaby.

I'd be in for a mini meet. Is there something there every Thursday?

Pardon my ignorance, but where is Ironwood?

No promises on how many cars will show up. I think it was 5-6 last time. Like I said, if it's really cold just look for people inside the Starbucks. I'll likely have the Milano out and I can guarantee it will be the only Alfa in the lot, so if you see it you're in the right place.

Man I am jealous. You guys are in a Mecca for TB suitable rides.

All we have are stinky Subies all over the place. Mine is the one in reasonable tune without Obama love stickers. Only wave to the guy in the 780 down the street and that is it for Volvos.

Carry on.....:)

I'll likely have the Milano out ... so if you see it you're in the right place.

Wouldn't that just tell us which street it broke down on then?

:-P

I kid, of course. I'll try to make it out to this 'un. Looking forward to seeing folks.

M.

Back