home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 09-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
Dekoda244

Question 1982 244 Kjet

Oh where do I begin, name! I’m Dekoda, from Florida, own an 82 244 kjet N/A and it’s giving issues. (Why wouldn’t it)

Fuel relay gets hot while driving meaning too much current, bad ground/bad pump? I’ve checked fuse panel but haven’t jumped fuses because I can hear the bad main pump before start

Turn the key on cold and there is a pump that isn’t happy, so I’m replacing it along with fuel filter. Was told the accumulator needs changed also. Vacuum leaks are also a possibility.

Looking for any info or advice, plan on buying stuff for the turbobricks fuel pressure check already. Just need some guidance am new to the rabbit hole, thank you!

Last edited by Dekoda244; 09-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Not specific enough
Dekoda244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
dl242gt
Happy playing the blues

It is normal for the kjet fuel pump relay to get quite warm while operating. Try removing the relay and opening it to check it for overheating internally. The relay can desolder itself which will make it hotter with a bad connection.

One of the causes of a too hot fuel pump relay is a bad engine wiring harness. If your harness is flaking and crumbling. You need to replace it. There are people here that sell good replacement harnesses. Put a listing in wanted or check out Dave Bartons web site.

Vacuum leaks are a real possibility. The injector seals and intake manifold gasket are common fails. Also carefully check the boot between the intake manifold and the air flow box. The boot can be put on there crooked and create a vacuum leak. You can find the volvo green books on the ozvolvo.org web site.
dl242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
johfraser
Board Member

Just checked Oz site as I wanted to give someone else the link also. Does not appear the manuals are there anymore. The site looks like it has been re-designed to be just another forum.
johfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
johfraser
Board Member

Found the books under archives. Thanks.
johfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:39 AM   #5
adamdrives
Board Member

Second that those relays do indeed get very warm.
99 V70R 160k laser blue
05 S60R 161k sapphire/atacama
08 S80 V8 108k
adamdrives is offline   Reply With Quote