• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So what happened? If you don't mind saying, that is. Did they hit you or...?

I know how you feel. When I wrecked my car I wanted to die, and it wasn't nearly as bad. I know that doesn't help much, but you've got the whole board that clearly cares about you, and it sounds like you live close enough to other T-Brickers so that they can help you recover, in-mind and in-body (physically and vehicularly). You have nothing but progress to look forward to, and for me that's the best part.

So what happened? If you don't mind saying, that is. Did they hit you or...?

I know how you feel. When I wrecked my car I wanted to die, and it wasn't nearly as bad. I know that doesn't help much, but you've got the whole board that clearly cares about you, and it sounds like you live close enough to other T-Brickers so that they can help you recover, in-mind and in-body (physically and vehicularly). You have nothing but progress to look forward to, and for me that's the best part.

he said lots crapty understeer with the **** tires, wich means, he was going around a right hand corner spiritedly and the front end lost grip and went over the center line and pegged a car...

owwwwww sorry dude that really sucks. that was probbly my favorite 242 on the board... i crashed a few months ago. not anything nearly as bad but geeze that sucks hope your arm heals in a timly manner. besides that sad to see such a nice car get so trashed.. please try your best to keep the thing on the road. i hate seeing 242's go to the yard but it truly served it purpose it saved your life atleast you have this whole bord behind you. on a happier note. any detailed pics on the new project if you have one? or is this car gona be saveable

Damn, Logan. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to hear that you came out on top. Its a damn shame about your car. Will your insurance cover it? If it can't be fixed, you should sell me the quarter panels to resurrect my 81' 242. Otherwise, I'm sure you're feeling pretty ****ty so here's somthing to cheer you up. Hope you like it.
myLittlePony.jpg

**** it man. A strict diet of beef smores and beer and you'll be good as new. If you need a hand separating out the good parts from the bad on the car I'd be happy to donate a Saturday. Just say when.
Get well soon.
Justin

Last edited:
So sorry to see this one go. :-( Was one of the cleanest 242s on here. Sorry I never saw it in person. Losing a cars tough, still miss my 740.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why did it have to be that particular car?!! Why a 242? especially one like that. Why couldn't it have been an S40 instead? Sorry FTL

Last edited:
Jesus Logan, we are so sorry about your car. We're glad you guys are okay.

man im sorry to hear about you car. my car got backed into, and since i got a new one from the money i got from it, it just sits in the driveway in the back. goin to the j/y soon, makes me very sad to think that. first brick too, ive been thru a lot with it.

glad to hear you're ok.

Logan, heal up and remember what we learned from the bionic man, it can be rebuilt: faster, stronger. While it was a pleasure to see your car at Carlsen, I'm much more stoked that you will be able to make the next meet. This will sting, but definately heal in time.

Ouch. Glad you're ok though.
I had an accident resulting in pretty similar damage to my old '79 245 when I was 19 (about 10 years ago) - Broke my sternum and left me with lots of bruises, etc - much the same as I'd imaging you're like.

You do get over it and move on though, but I'm almost positive that they wont repair it.
Grab what you can from it and start looking for something suitable to transfer the leftovers into.

Maybe you'll learn something from the experience too.
Most importantly though, just remember that you're very lucky and things could have been much worse.

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone. It means a lot to know that so many people care. :') <-smile through tears.

I did find out once we got the hood open that the engine is virtually untouched despite the violent loss of the radiator, intercooler and recently installed e-fan. What the pictures don't show well is the ripples in the roof. Also there is damage to the rear-quarter due to the ****ING ASSHOLE tow truck driver. I seriously have never wanted to kill a man so much in my life... if murder was legal... he would be in a ****ing hearse.
**** it man. A strict diet of beef smores and beer and you'll be good as new. If you need a hand separating out the good parts from the bad on the car I'd be happy to donate a Saturday. Just say when.
Get well soon.
Justin
Right on man. Seriously, thanks a lot :) If this ends up being a loss, I will be transferring pretty much everything over to my other 242 including the entire interior, suspension, engine and tranny. So I may set up a BBQ/workday at my place to do the engine, tranny and LH2.2 swap.
So sorry to see this one go. :-( Was one of the cleanest 242s on here. Sorry I never saw it in person. Losing a cars tough, still miss my 740.
I regret never seeing your 740 too! That thing was cherry!
:-(
Jesus Logan, we are so sorry about your car. We're glad you guys are okay.
Thanks. Me too... me too...
Logan, heal up and remember what we learned from the bionic man, it can be rebuilt: faster, stronger. While it was a pleasure to see your car at Carlsen, I'm much more stoked that you will be able to make the next meet. This will sting, but definately heal in time.
It sure won't be for lack of effort. I will do whatever I can to get this thing fixed. Failing that, most of it will still live on in my other 242.
Ouch. Glad you're ok though.
I had an accident resulting in pretty similar damage to my old '79 245 when I was 19 (about 10 years ago) - Broke me sternum and left me with lots of bruises, etc - much the same as I'd imaging you're like.

You do get over it and move on though, but I'm almost positive that they wont repair it.
Grab what you can from it and start looking for something suitable to transfer the leftovers into.

Maybe you'll learn something from the experience too.
Most importantly though, just remember that you're very lucky and things could have been much worse.
Ouch, that sounds painful. I am fortunately not that bad off, but my neck is still incredibly sore. (Icepack on it now kinda helps) I definitely learned some things and above all, I respect how incredibly lucky I am.
i just did a smokey burnout in memory of your 242
:zeeall:

Back