• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What to do????

SidewaysVolvo

My car has a b230f. I bought a t3 turbo and exhaust manifold. Original plan was to turbo my NA. After research, I think a B230ft swap would be easier and just build that. Any advice? Opinions?

I have +T'ed (turbo on non-turbo engine). The hardest part is drilling into the block for the oil lines. I think it's better to swap a turbo engine instead, but the other is doable.

NA engines have a higher compression ratio so that might be a reason to go the other route though.

What year is the car?

What sort of power are you after?

Adding a turbo is not terribly difficult, and the engine can stay in the car. '89+ 240 with Lh2.4 is easiest because computers are plug 'n play.

@JordanTBoehm That's what i'm thinking. I've been looking. I can get a whole car for aroung $600-$800 that's in good condition. think im gonna go that route. the year is 1988. 4dr sedan

@JordanTBoehm That's what i'm thinking. I've been looking. I can get a whole car for aroung $600-$800 that's in good condition. think im gonna go that route. the year is 1988. 4dr sedan

+T high compression is a good thing at lower power levels. Nice snappy throttle response.

Weld a bung onto the pan for the return (or have someone do it if you don't have a welder). Use the front 1/4NPT port below the water pump for the feed.

You could do it in a weekend if you prepped carefully.

Keep in mind you'll need to swap in the turbo fuel and ignition computers. I'm not sure if 88 has lh2.4 or lh2.2. If you have 2.4 it's super easy to unplug and plug in new computers.

With LH2.2, you'd need to do a little more work.

Mike

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=4480717&postcount=37

I have an idea on the wiring won't know until I get in it though. I have a couple friends who have done turbo swaps before helping me. I go all over Winston. mostly downtown area. You around?

Sideways, what is your plan for the turbo oil return? Is it going to be on the oil pan or the block? I ask because I had a little bit of leakage when I went through the block. I drilled into the block and tapped the hole for a NPT adaptor. Oil was dripping a very small amount where the hose met the adaptor. It wasn't enough leaking to be seen as a problem but I like things to be perfect.

To be honest Jordan, i'm not sure. that is something me and my friend are going to look at when we get it in there. i'll keep this thread updated though. probably going to do the swap next weekend.

If he's going with a b230ft block, he will be using the stock oil return.

Back